The Student Room Group

Friendship advise

Me and my cousin used to be super close friends but she was really toxic so I took a 2 month break from her so she would ‘change’ and after that we became friends again but whenever i upset her I would walk away and wouldn’t try to fix it because she got mad at me for nothing. I ended the friendship for good around a month ago because she lied about something my close friend said about me. I said we’re done and left her house and haven’t contacted her since. She texted me before I blocked her apologizing but I’ve ignored her for a month and don’t know if I should continue or not
She sounds toxic - if she doesn't try to change or hasn't changed after several months then you're better off without her. No point in any friendship or relationship that constantly brings you down and brings you unhappiness in any form. Focus on yourself and treating yourself well - a big part of that is the company you surround yourself with.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my cousin used to be super close friends but she was really toxic so I took a 2 month break from her so she would ‘change’ and after that we became friends again but whenever i upset her I would walk away and wouldn’t try to fix it because she got mad at me for nothing. I ended the friendship for good around a month ago because she lied about something my close friend said about me. I said we’re done and left her house and haven’t contacted her since. She texted me before I blocked her apologizing but I’ve ignored her for a month and don’t know if I should continue or not

I mean stay civil with her, you are family at the end of the day but don't get close to her again. There are people like these who never change their toxicity so I suggest you to not get close with her again it will ruin your mental health.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending