The Student Room Group

never felt so alone in my life

so I left school in March 2020 (for obvious reasons) and as I was in year 11. I had a really nice group of friends and I loved it and now my mental health has shattered due to the pandemic as I’ve left school and therefore don’t see my friends anymore. I’ve seen them once in a year and this was back in august for only for 10 minutes as my mum is the covid police and never lets me go out to see them, i just miss them so much. I speak to them regularly over Snapchat but it’s not the same as seeing them in real life. They’re the only people that make me feel good in life and it’s just hard not being able to see them but I feel like we’ve drifted now and the chemistry has gone so I feel like it would be awkward to get in touch to see them again. I’m now at college where I have 0 friends and i hate it there and so I don’t know how much longer I can cope with this life as it makes me miserable and thought of going back to that college makes me anxious. It’s just hard watching all my friends meet with each other over Snapchat and me feeling like I’m wasting my life just watching it happen from a screen. Don’t even know where I’m going with this anymore
Reply 1
Original post by student146290
so I left school in March 2020 (for obvious reasons) and as I was in year 11. I had a really nice group of friends and I loved it and now my mental health has shattered due to the pandemic as I’ve left school and therefore don’t see my friends anymore. I’ve seen them once in a year and this was back in august for only for 10 minutes as my mum is the covid police and never lets me go out to see them, i just miss them so much. I speak to them regularly over Snapchat but it’s not the same as seeing them in real life. They’re the only people that make me feel good in life and it’s just hard not being able to see them but I feel like we’ve drifted now and the chemistry has gone so I feel like it would be awkward to get in touch to see them again. I’m now at college where I have 0 friends and i hate it there and so I don’t know how much longer I can cope with this life as it makes me miserable and thought of going back to that college makes me anxious. It’s just hard watching all my friends meet with each other over Snapchat and me feeling like I’m wasting my life just watching it happen from a screen. Don’t even know where I’m going with this anymore

Hi, I know that having bad mental health is so hard and this pandemic definitely doesn’t help either. I’m sure your friends miss you as much as you miss them! Definitely don’t be scared to reach out to them, even though you may feel awkward at first, this will soon go away and you’ll be able to go back to how you once were with them. Have you tried talking to your Mum about how not being able to see them is making you feel? She’s obviously just worried about you and is trying to protect you from covid but she may not realise how this is effecting your mental health. I know this pandemic feels never ending but remember things are beginning to look up with the new vaccines and we are finally getting to the end!
Original post by Mas2405
Hi, I know that having bad mental health is so hard and this pandemic definitely doesn’t help either. I’m sure your friends miss you as much as you miss them! Definitely don’t be scared to reach out to them, even though you may feel awkward at first, this will soon go away and you’ll be able to go back to how you once were with them. Have you tried talking to your Mum about how not being able to see them is making you feel? She’s obviously just worried about you and is trying to protect you from covid but she may not realise how this is effecting your mental health. I know this pandemic feels never ending but remember things are beginning to look up with the new vaccines and we are finally getting to the end!

thank you :smile: I have tried speaking to her about it but she doesn’t care/understand and says “just FaceTime them” and she always says that there’s bigger things going on so I’m basically not allowed to complain
wit the new announcement it looks like things are set to improve :smile: you are not alone in feeling isolated at the moment and your feelings are completely valid. I would suggest reaching out to a friend from your group you feel close to Oenone you trust and telling them how you're feeling.youll be amazed at how connected it can make you feel
Original post by blackcurrantt
wit the new announcement it looks like things are set to improve :smile: you are not alone in feeling isolated at the moment and your feelings are completely valid. I would suggest reaching out to a friend from your group you feel close to Oenone you trust and telling them how you're feeling.youll be amazed at how connected it can make you feel

thank you :smile:
Original post by student146290

Hi, Please try and remember you are not alone in feeling this way and things do get better and it looks like things are going to start slowley getting better. I am also at college and have no friends there and it is hard. Although thougout the past year and months we may be feeling lonelier than useall and sometimes it feels like there is no way out of the life we are living at the moment. But we must keep hope. Everybody will face huge chalenges in thier life but each challenge we face makes us stronger people and will shape you into the person you will become . We will look back at thease hard times in the future and will be proud of how strong many of us were while getting though tough times. Please keep the hope things will get better. If you ever get really down or are struggerling with mental health please reach out to people or if this is not possible reach out to people from organizeation/chairitys that can help you for example https://www.mind.org.uk/ and https://www.kooth.com/. I hope this can make you feel better in some way.

Thanks
Dan
Original post by Danielber1
Hi, Please try and remember you are not alone in feeling this way and things do get better and it looks like things are going to start slowley getting better. I am also at college and have no friends there and it is hard. Although thougout the past year and months we may be feeling lonelier than useall and sometimes it feels like there is no way out of the life we are living at the moment. But we must keep hope. Everybody will face huge chalenges in thier life but each challenge we face makes us stronger people and will shape you into the person you will become . We will look back at thease hard times in the future and will be proud of how strong many of us were while getting though tough times. Please keep the hope things will get better. If you ever get really down or are struggerling with mental health please reach out to people or if this is not possible reach out to people from organizeation/chairitys that can help you for example https://www.mind.org.uk/ and https://www.kooth.com/. I hope this can make you feel better in some way.

Thanks
Dan

thank you this is really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest