The Student Room Group

AMA. Joined TheStudentRoom in GCSEs, did A-Levels, graduated (Warwick), now working

I joined this website in 2015, when I was studying for my GCSEs. I found this website quite useful for anything from study help, to general life things. I remember writing posts on TSR asking for advice on what subjects I should pick for A-Levels.

Eventually, I made it through A-levels, into a top uni (Warwick), and was one of the lucky ones who graduated just as coronavirus was getting worse (June 2020).

Ever since starting uni, I never really used TSR. Now working full time in a top 6 accounting firm, and want to get involved again.

It's weird to see some of the posts I made in 2015, and seeing how I've grown up/progressed. During A-levels, I felt so much pressure to do well. And now, I'm essentially in the 'final phase' of life, which is working full-time, forever. It'd be nice to vent, and share some of the experiences I've had, and how I've ended up where I am now; a not very academical person who managed to get to a decent point in life.

I know many younger students may be stressed about their future and would benefit from some real life stories of ups and downs, so AMA (ask me anything).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by valbrechts
I joined this website in 2015, when I was studying for my GCSEs. I found this website quite useful for anything from study help, to general life things. I remember writing posts on TSR asking for advice on what subjects I should pick for A-Levels.

Eventually, I made it through A-levels, into a top uni (Warwick), and was one of the lucky ones who graduated just as coronavirus was getting worse (June 2020).

Ever since starting uni, I never really used TSR. Now working full time in a top 6 accounting firm, and want to get involved again.

It's weird to see some of the posts I made in 2015, and seeing how I've grown up/progressed. During A-levels, I felt so much pressure to do well. And now, I'm essentially in the 'final phase' of life, which is working full-time, forever. It'd be nice to vent, and share some of the experiences I've had, and how I've ended up where I am now; a not very academical person who managed to get to a decent point in life.

I know many younger students may be stressed about their future and would benefit from some real life stories of ups and downs, so AMA (ask me anything).

Hi, thats pretty cool that you joined in 2015 and essentially went through everything that a lot of people are struggling with at the moment! It sounds like you have done really well for yourself! What advice would you give to first year uni students regarding the workload? And just any general advice about making your A-level choices?

I hope you enjoy your job!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending