The Student Room Group

Girl on Tinder - did I blow it?

Matched with a girl on Tinder who specified in her profile that she was looking for a man with my exact physical characteristics. Started talking and the chemistry seemed good right away.

A few messages in and I asked if she wanted to do some kind of video call thing this week, and now she's not replied for a few hours. Would it be worth sending a follow up message in a couple of days or have I rushed in too soon and blown it?
Reply 1
Maybe (in a couple of days) tell her than you didn't mean to scare her off (obviously not those words exactly) and tell her that you're okay with her not wanting to call straight away, that you didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable. I don't think you've blown it!
I would just leave it if she doesn’t reply.
Reply 3
Original post by mkim123
Maybe (in a couple of days) tell her than you didn't mean to scare her off (obviously not those words exactly) and tell her that you're okay with her not wanting to call straight away, that you didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable. I don't think you've blown it!

What would be a good way of phrasing this without sounding needy or clingy?
Reply 4
How long have you guys been talking for and do you see it going anywhere in the future?
Reply 5
Original post by mkim123
How long have you guys been talking for and do you see it going anywhere in the future?

Started talking last night, but the general consensus seemed to be, "ask her out within 24 hours"
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Started talking last night, but the general consensus seemed to be, "ask her out within 24 hours"

Maybe just be like,
Hey, how are you? Don't worry about the video call! Whenever you're ready. :smile:

Or something like that haha i'm not an expert :tongue:
Just leave it mate
on tinder people randomly stop messaging if they get bored or find someone better. Just leave it, they will come back on their own accord if they want to. matching and talking for a bit isn't very committal.
Original post by _gcx
on tinder people randomly stop messaging if they get bored or find someone better. Just leave it, they will come back on their own accord if they want to. matching and talking for a bit isn't very committal.

Brilliant advice!
Also, one thing I've noticed, try to follow the flow of the conversation. Don't text paragraphs when people are sending single sentences and don't jump into "date mode" if you feel like somebody hasn't properly opened up yet
Original post by Anonymous
Matched with a girl on Tinder who specified in her profile that she was looking for a man with my exact physical characteristics. Started talking and the chemistry seemed good right away.

A few messages in and I asked if she wanted to do some kind of video call thing this week, and now she's not replied for a few hours. Would it be worth sending a follow up message in a couple of days or have I rushed in too soon and blown it?

Their are a lot girls who go on tinder just for a chat & attention with no intention of ever taking it any further. Very possible it was something like this, id probably say just move on, but no real harm in sending another message if you are keen, you can always unmatch if she airs you again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending