The Student Room Group

Should I study a-levels in the uk? (pls help)

I'm from Malaysia, and I have a chance to study for my A-levels in the UK with a scholarship. Though due to the currency, the total fees are still double than studying in Malaysia.

But fees are not much of a problem as it is still acceptable. My headteacher who is an expert in study options suggested me to not study abroad. As a foreigner who came to Malaysia, she stated that living abroad is extremely challenging, especially during A-levels as it is quite a rushed and tough course.

But studying abroad has always been my dream, though I will be going to the UK anyway for my uni, I wanted to go there early.

I really need help deciding, please do give some suggestions. Thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
If u really feel you can do it go ! Given that you have the resources
go. I'm a foreigner and I did my A-Levels here in Malaysia. If I got the chance to be in the UK instead, I'll take it in a heartbeat. It also makes it easier to fit into uni when you've been there for 2 years, you'll know how things work and its much more relaxed. better to make the environmental change at this stage than at uni
i agree with your headteacher, a-levels are a very rushed and intense course and I can imagine it being extra difficult for someone who has just moved here and you wouldn't want to risk your chance of getting into a university you like because of moving early, instead of getting the best grades you can while in Malaysia. then again it depends on your ability, and the environment you'd move into. would you live on your own, or in a college with accommodation or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending