The Student Room Group

Toughest EVER bible study questions

My church's bible study questions have KO'd my classmates and my friend's classmates a few times. They are absolutely insane and the church pretended that it is 1800 and any references are not invented yet.
Some of the questions for Ephesians 2 are as follows:
What is the meaning of death in 2:1?
What is the meaning of 'both' in 2:14? What is going to be done with this?
Compare and contrast the use of 'new man' in 2:14 and 4:24.
And these are not the most insane. The ultimate one is:
Write an essay about the current situation of the church described in Ephesians.
Do you think these questions are insane, or have questions like these? They just went into another dimension. You can think that my questions are like an A level paper given to a GCSE student, or even a University exam paper given to a Y7 student.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 8013
My church's bible study questions have KO'd my classmates and my friend's classmates a few times. They are absolutely insane and the church pretended that it is 1800 and any references are not invented yet.
Write an essay about the current situation of the church described in Ephesians.
Do you think these questions are insane, or have questions like these? They just went into another dimension. You can think that my questions are like an A level paper given to a GCSE student, or even a University exam paper given to a Y7 student.

My old school used to ask these kinds of questions to year 7s. We had to do a Scripture lesson once a week, and we used to work in a group with a year 11, and even the year 11s couldn't answer them. We also got a U if it was not neat or in cursive.
Reply 2
Some of the stuff in Song of Solomon and Revelation is a lot harder to understand than that!
Reply 3
If you have no idea to any of these questions, please give rep. I just want to find out how my questions have KO'd everyone on TSR. It once took me six hours and 38 prayers before I have an idea to one of them. These are examples from the very tough bible study questions from my church. They are described by my friends at school as "Question: Impossible".
1. Please tell the meaning of "grace" in depth for each time it appears on Ephesians 3.
2. What is the life in the body? How will you live it out?
3. What is the meaning of "head" towards love between a husband and a wife?
And an ultimate question:
4. According to the situation you see in your local church, write out a speech to be spoken as a message through the book of Ephesians.
However, doing these questions makes me adapt to uni rather quickly as I need to do so much study just to get an answer. SIX HOURS to think of two lines. This is even tougher than uni.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 8013
If you have no idea to any of these questions, please give rep. I just want to find out how my questions have KO'd everyone on TSR. It once took me six hours and 38 prayers before I have an idea to one of them. These are examples from the very tough bible study questions from my church. They are described by my friends at school as "Question: Impossible".
1. Please tell the meaning of "grace" in depth for each time it appears on Ephesians 3.
2. What is the life in the body? How will you live it out?
3. What is the meaning of "head" towards love between a husband and a wife?
And an ultimate question:
4. According to the situation you see in your local church, write out a speech to be spoken as a message through the book of Ephesians.

Paul was writing to normal, everyday people who had received the "Spirit of grace". If you have received this (see Acts19:1-6 for details), and have some experience of the Life it brings these questions are not hard. Rather than me give you my answers it is better that you receive what they all had!

(Have you? U need to be sure)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 8013

Your church sets essays? Never heard of this ....
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Your church sets essays? Never heard of this ....

If you give someone aged around 20 to deliver a church message, it may be a step too far. I am getting close to 20. I think the church wants to give us a head start.
Original post by 8013
If you give someone aged around 20 to deliver a church message, it may be a step too far. I am getting close to 20. I think the church wants to give us a head start.

??? What do you mean ... a sermon is not an essay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending