The Student Room Group

Army Air Corps selection

Hi everyone,
Please could I ask if anyone knows how competitive Army Air Corps selection is at the RSB stage of Sandurst. I’m guessing it varies widely but would your chances increase if you had already completed grading and CBAT?
As well as this I have heard that the AAC are looking more at the ‘RAF approach,’ to pilot streaming, as in not posting officers to a desk after just 2 years of flying. If anyone can clarify this that would be great. Many thanks .
Reply 1
Original post by HMWK
Hi everyone,
Please could I ask if anyone knows how competitive Army Air Corps selection is at the RSB stage of Sandurst. I’m guessing it varies widely but would your chances increase if you had already completed grading and CBAT?
As well as this I have heard that the AAC are looking more at the ‘RAF approach,’ to pilot streaming, as in not posting officers to a desk after just 2 years of flying. If anyone can clarify this that would be great. Many thanks .

Hi, not sure anyone on here can answer your question. There’s very few Army related enquiries and I’ve never seen anyone officially linked to the AAC. I really think your best bet is speaking directly to the horse’s mouth at your local AFCO who should have the most up to date info. If you find out please update this forum. I’ve always wondered about the way the Army do aviation and could never figure it out!

Quick Reply

Latest