The Student Room Group

Freshers

Is it worth buying fresher event tickets before you start uni?
No. The following are reasons why you should never by freshers tickets or wristbands in advance

-they’re never actually sold out, you can almost always get tickets on the door so that thing they do where the price goes up the closer to sell out they are is a scam
-you probably won’t even go to half the events so you’re wasting your money
-it’s cheaper to buy on the door for the events you actually go to than buying wristbands
-often the events advertised alongside wristbands are not affiliated with the uni in any way and are almost always off campus in a club (they also may not be in the same town as the uni)

In summary, it’s just a waste of your money and not worth it. In my opinion, the off campus wristband events aren’t worth going to at all
Original post by Amywright19
Is it worth buying fresher event tickets before you start uni?

Hey @Amywright19,

Hope you're well and looking forward to starting university :biggrin:

If your university is selling their fresher event tickets in advance and you're planning on attending, I think it makes sense to be organised and buy them before you arrive! If you're unsure about going though, there's no harm in waiting to purchase tickets closer to the time.

Either way, be careful of what exactly it is that you're buying - there are lots of companies that sell unofficial fresher event tickets, so it's important that you're spending your money on the right thing :tongue:

Have fun!

Sophie - Student Ambassador
Reply 3
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
No. The following are reasons why you should never by freshers tickets or wristbands in advance

-they’re never actually sold out, you can almost always get tickets on the door so that thing they do where the price goes up the closer to sell out they are is a scam
-you probably won’t even go to half the events so you’re wasting your money
-it’s cheaper to buy on the door for the events you actually go to than buying wristbands
-often the events advertised alongside wristbands are not affiliated with the uni in any way and are almost always off campus in a club (they also may not be in the same town as the uni)

In summary, it’s just a waste of your money and not worth it. In my opinion, the off campus wristband events aren’t worth going to at all

Thank you for your reply!
Reply 4
Original post by University of Salford Student Rep
Hey @Amywright19,

Hope you're well and looking forward to starting university :biggrin:

If your university is selling their fresher event tickets in advance and you're planning on attending, I think it makes sense to be organised and buy them before you arrive! If you're unsure about going though, there's no harm in waiting to purchase tickets closer to the time.

Either way, be careful of what exactly it is that you're buying - there are lots of companies that sell unofficial fresher event tickets, so it's important that you're spending your money on the right thing :tongue:

Have fun!

Sophie - Student Ambassador

Thank you, I will definitely bare this in mind when looking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending