The Student Room Group

I'm thinking of becoming a driving instructor, is that weird?

I'm a guy in my early 20s.
I hate Uni, I'm seriously contemplating dropping out, but I really don't want to just end up working in a dead end factory job like so many of my mates have.

I've been thinking of getting qualified as a driving instructor.

Most of the guys doing it in my area are semi retired, they're all 50s and up using word of mouth and a small Facebook page.
There's no big driving school around.

I've always wanted to start my own business and this seems like a good route.

I hated doing my lessons, I had a terrible instructor and it wasn't until I found a good instructor that I actually began to enjoy driving.

I think I would be a good instructor, I've thought family members to drive and they've all agreed that I'd make a great teacher.

It just sounds a little odd, I mentioned it to a few mates and they think it's strange.

It's a job that's dominated by semi-retired, middle aged men, and I'll be 24 starting..

What do you think?

Would you even take lessons from someone my age?
I had a youngish driving instructor (I would say early to mid 30s) and I didn't find it weird at all
If you are a good instructor then that is all that matters and not age. Go for it! :smile:
It sounds like a great thing to do! You'll be helping a lot of people move on to a new step in their lives- young people claiming their independence for example. You'll be doing something you like, and making a lot of other people happy in the process. Sounds good to me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending