The Student Room Group

I’ve never felt enough for this girl

It’s not easy to explain. Basically, in the last 3 years, this girl was flirting with me. She’s always been beautiful and kind, and she even confessed her feelings to me... but i just acted like i didn't hear what she said. She's always been perfect for me, but i never felt good enough.

She's now dating another guy. We're still going out to eat and do stuff, but it's not like before. I really really like her. I always liked her, but never felt enough for her. It was the only time a girl showed interest towards me, and i wasted this opportunity like that. I'm having bad thoughts right now.

I should have told her "I really like you too" and not just "Sorry I didn't hear you"

Scroll to see replies

Been there mate, it hurts
Original post by Luke_s.23
It’s not easy to explain. Basically, in the last 3 years, this girl was flirting with me. She’s always been beautiful and kind, and she even confessed her feelings to me... but i just acted like i didn't hear what she said. She's always been perfect for me, but i never felt good enough.

She's now dating another guy. We're still going out to eat and do stuff, but it's not like before. I really really like her. I always liked her, but never felt enough for her. It was the only time a girl showed interest towards me, and i wasted this opportunity like that. I'm having bad thoughts right now.

I should have told her "I really like you too" and not just "Sorry I didn't hear you"

you missed your oppurtunity youll have to wait until she breaks up with her bf

Original post by the_pharaoh

If not until
Don’t wish bad things on ppl please 😂
(edited 3 years ago)

That’s a sticky one still
Ngl you missed your opportunity
Maybe she isn’t even the right person for you because if she’s so “perfect” and you don’t feel good enough for her then you guys aren’t compatible. The right person wouldn’t make you feel like that. You’ll find the right person at the right time.
Original post by chelsea.uri

If not until
Don’t wish bad things on ppl please 😂

Ok Im assuming they are about 16-18 years old realistically they will break up like cmon what are the chances they last forever it could happen but very slim
(edited 3 years ago)
Ok Im assuming they are about 16-18 years old realistically they will break up like cmon what are the chances they last forever it could happen but very slim

That’s true ngl
That’s why I don’t agree with ppl dating before they’re 18 or even 21. Maturity doesn’t come with age but age comes with maturity. As you get older you get more mature because you know more but just bcuz you’re old doesn’t necessarily mean you’re mature 😌
Reply 7

yeah you’re right we’re both 17 yo and she’s dating this guy who’s 16 yo and every time i talk about other girls ( our classmates ) and simply about the friendly conversations i had with them, she starts to act like she’s irritated and all that stuff. If she was single, i’d probably confess my feeling to her, but that’s why i want to wait. If she’ll break up, i’ll try. If she won’t, i’ll just try to forget about this story
Reply 8
That’s true ngl
That’s why I don’t agree with ppl dating before they’re 18 or even 21. Maturity doesn’t come with age but age comes with maturity. As you get older you get more mature because you know more but just bcuz you’re old doesn’t necessarily mean you’re mature 😌

yeah let’s say that i’ve always looked for a serious relationship so that’s why i never really felt enough ( now, i do ). I can’t see myself being in a relationship that ends, or that isn’t a serious one. Now, i know it’s almost impossible to find love at my age, but that’s my dream
yeah let’s say that i’ve always looked for a serious relationship so that’s why i never really felt enough ( now, i do ). I can’t see myself being in a relationship that ends, or that isn’t a serious one. Now, i know it’s almost impossible to find love at my age, but that’s my dream

You not feeling “enough” is a matter of low self esteem it’s nothing to do with relationships. If you wanted a serious relationship if you’d said you’re standards are too high then I would’ve understood. Personally, if your mental health isn’t the best it can be I would recommend you getting into a relationship, speaking from experience.

How old are you?
yeah you’re right we’re both 17 yo and she’s dating this guy who’s 16 yo and every time i talk about other girls ( our classmates ) and simply about the friendly conversations i had with them, she starts to act like she’s irritated and all that stuff. If she was single, i’d probably confess my feeling to her, but that’s why i want to wait. If she’ll break up, i’ll try. If she won’t, i’ll just try to forget about this story

As I said it's extremely unlikely that it will last like maybe 1 year at best so just wait
That’s true ngl

Not only did you contradict yourself

but wth does that mean? 😂
As I said it's extremely unlikely that it will last like maybe 1 year at best so just wait

I agree. People just get into relationships without being dateable.
Not only did you contradict yourself

but wth does that mean? 😂

I didn’t which is why I developed my point and justified it unlike some people...
Read it again to understand what it means if you’re still confused ask Google or Siri 😌
Reply 14
You not feeling “enough” is a matter of low self esteem it’s nothing to do with relationships. If you wanted a serious relationship if you’d said you’re standards are too high then I would’ve understood. Personally, if your mental health isn’t the best it can be I would recommend you getting into a relationship, speaking from experience.

How old are you?

i’ll be 18 in less than a month. My mental health isn’t the best at the moment but generally, apart from this teen drama situation, my life is pretty flat. I’ve not known anyone new since high school ( we finish high school at 19. All my classmates are the last people i knew ), so i’ve basically spent these last years in solitude/with very very few people. My psychiatrist put me in some groups with people that share my same interests, but due to this epidemic they’re all postponed. Anyway, when i’m with this girl, or with some of my classmates, i feel good, comfortable. I can make them laugh, but also be serious. I found out i can be entertaining, but at the same time i’ve never got anyone to talk with. My self esteem as always been low because i never felt enough for dating or that kind of things. Everyone around me is dating and if i’m not then there’s something wrong with me ( i don’t look for a superficial relationship, but i got to admit they can raise your self esteem )
i’ll be 18 in less than a month. My mental health isn’t the best at the moment but generally, apart from this teen drama situation, my life is pretty flat. I’ve not known anyone new since high school ( we finish high school at 19. All my classmates are the last people i knew ), so i’ve basically spent these last years in solitude/with very very few people. My psychiatrist put me in some groups with people that share my same interests, but due to this epidemic they’re all postponed. Anyway, when i’m with this girl, or with some of my classmates, i feel good, comfortable. I can make them laugh, but also be serious. I found out i can be entertaining, but at the same time i’ve never got anyone to talk with. My self esteem as always been low because i never felt enough for dating or that kind of things. Everyone around me is dating and if i’m not then there’s something wrong with me ( i don’t look for a superficial relationship, but i got to admit they can raise your self esteem )

Woah that’s a lot of words
I didn’t which is why I developed my point and justified it unlike some people...
Read it again to understand what it means if you’re still confused ask Google or Siri 😌

No thats not how it works u said with maturity comes age so if Im mature but Im 15 does that mean Im actually 20?

What teen drama situation?
That’s not real drama loool

You even have a psychiatrist but you want to be in a relationship? I’m not judging you I’m just saying. The reason why you’ve never felt good enough to date anyone is because you probably don’t know how to date properly and you aren’t dateable. Just because everyone else is doing something doesn’t mean you have to do it too. Don’t feel peer pressured and learn to enjoy your own company first. Relationships raise your self esteem because they make you feel positive emotions, most of the time. Don’t let your emotions control your actions and listen to your head not your heart because your heart can be deceitful.

You just need to work on yourself first especially your mental health so that you’re not a burden on the person you’re in a relationship with or rely on them to make you happy or boost your self esteem.

I think maybe you should focus on yourself and not the girl. It's hard to hear, but she's moved on now and has a boyfriend. You've got to move on too. Even if they do break up, there's no guarantees that she feels the same way about you after they break up. Your best bet is to move on.
No thats not how it works u said with maturity comes age so if Im mature but Im 15 does that mean Im actually 20?

No. I said as you get older you get older you become more mature because you know more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending