The Student Room Group

sexuality-panic

look- when people talk about sexuality and get curious about mine, idk what to say. like i know im not straight but other than that i really dont know - do i need to have a label? is this something im supposed to know about myself because ive been confused for maybe 2 years now..
Original post by jenna.g05
look- when people talk about sexuality and get curious about mine, idk what to say. like i know im not straight but other than that i really dont know - do i need to have a label? is this something im supposed to know about myself because ive been confused for maybe 2 years now..

you don't need to put a label on it.....if you're confused, just say you aren't sure.

It takes time to identify yourself.
Reply 2
No. Labels are unnecessary, you're not obligated to offer anyone an explanation of your attraction. If someone asks you can say that its not something that matters much to you or that you dont identify with a certain label at the moment.
As others have already said, you don't need a label. Some people find labels conforming but it sounds as though you are feeling a bit pressured to label yourself? I know I am not straight but I have decided that I don't need a label. Sexuality can be confusing. Its not exactly something you know from the get go. You have to take time to think and experience stuff (or at least for most people this is the case) and then afterwards stuff starts making sense like childhood events. If someone asks, you can say you aren't sure atm or I know some people just say queer as it is a vague term. At the end of the day it isn't really their business anyway and doesn't define you as a person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending