The Student Room Group

Thinking of changing courses

Hi, I'm currently a first-year at uni am studying civil engineering but am considering changing to architecture but I don't know if I would be good enough. I feel like every time I search anything about doing architecture people say not to do it for so many reasons. I'm scared Id enjoy the course but in a career setting it would be so different to what I expect. My other option is to change to structural engineering with architecture which would give me the chance to do something more engineer but have some architecture modules which could be a good balance but I'm not sure whether that would be worth it since structural is a subsection of civil engineering and I don't want to become too specific since I could still do a structural module with a civil engineering course.

Honestly, all I know is that I don't want to keep doing this course and want to change desperately. Thanks for your help and sorry if this post is a bit all over the place
(edited 3 years ago)
I haven’t studied these, but conscious people haven’t replied...

How does it affect what career you might want to do? Does that have any bearing? You mention it could change, but is that the types of job or your knowledge for when you’re on the job.

One option is to talk to lecturers at your university and seek their expertise. Or, reach out to companies and ask if they think it’ll make a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending