The Student Room Group

New homes or old homes?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Oh, I just assumed that when you wrote "Victorian house" you were a Londoner. I never knew they had Victorian houses in the States.

They do haha
Original post by iamthicccccc1405
They do haha

I'm not a expert when it comes to American history, so I wouldn't have known. But, Victorian houses were given that name during a time when Queen V was the monarch in Britain. She was the Queen in the States too?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not a expert when it comes to American history, so I wouldn't have known. But, Victorian houses were given that name during a time when Queen V was the monarch in Britain. She was the Queen in the States too?

No she wasn't haha, guess they just call them that
Reply 23
I would always prefer an old house.
Original post by Kabzzzy
Anon #1 is clearly very passionate about this. I'm sure they love their dull, white box rooms.

I find new-builds are all on random plots of land with way too many houses cramped up together. And they always look the same.

My family DON'T have the money for an older house so had to buy a new build small house with box rooms. When we sleep we are cramped, but we work with what we have got and having a house at all is what I am grateful for. Stop being such a selfish *****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending