The Student Room Group

How to get over feeling jealous

I moved and really miss my friends- I made a decision that was tough and when I visit where I used to live I realise I made the right choice but miss my friends because I haven’t made any new ones- all I do is spend time with family..I’m grateful I have family and love them very much but get so jealous when I think about friends going out having fun and I can’t join :frown: I hope to move out of home again soon but feel like I have to suppress my personality back in my home town- I’ve lost my confidence I built when I moved away. I feel really lame and just want to go out and have fun but I’m hopeless at making new friends.

Any advice to stop feeling insecure it’s ridiculous, I feel so stupid for feeling like this but realise I’m the only one that can help themselves atm.
I suggest trying to get out and make new friends. Get out and make new memories. If you have a phone or any way to communicate with your old friends, definitely reach out to them and keep tabs on them. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I suggest trying to get out and make new friends. Get out and make new memories. If you have a phone or any way to communicate with your old friends, definitely reach out to them and keep tabs on them. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I should’ve said in my original post I speak to the old friends semi-regularly. And cheers that’s good advice :smile:
Thanks, I should’ve said in my original post I speak to the old friends semi-regularly. And cheers that’s good advice :smile:

Glad I helped, Hope everything goes over great
I moved and really miss my friends- I made a decision that was tough and when I visit where I used to live I realise I made the right choice but miss my friends because I haven’t made any new ones- all I do is spend time with family..I’m grateful I have family and love them very much but get so jealous when I think about friends going out having fun and I can’t join :frown: I hope to move out of home again soon but feel like I have to suppress my personality back in my home town- I’ve lost my confidence I built when I moved away. I feel really lame and just want to go out and have fun but I’m hopeless at making new friends.

Any advice to stop feeling insecure it’s ridiculous, I feel so stupid for feeling like this but realise I’m the only one that can help themselves atm.

Unless you're planning to move back in less than a month, I suggest making new friends. Which I know is difficult. I'm super anxious and terrified of people. I suggest going to places where there are people around your age and look for someone standing awkwardly alone. That's how I met my current best friend; she was new to the school and standing in the hallway staring out the window, so I asked why she wasn't eating during lunchtime. Or just walk up to a group and introduce yourself. Or be like, "hey, have you guys seen a cat?" even if you weren't looking for a cat because starting conversations is hard. In my experience, no one thinks it's weird when you say hello, and they are often happy to welcome you in. You can usually tell by their body language whether they're friendly. Finally, you could find a new hobby or sport which includes other people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending