The Student Room Group

will attendance affect my grades ??

Ive got poor attendance this year, about 76%. However, all my work/essays are completed on time, and receive consistent high grades. Will my attendance be a factor in deciding my final grade? This is for A-levels btw
Reply 1
I would say it is unlikely but it ultimately depends on your school and what they decide.

I wouldn't worry too much as many people's attendences are low this year due to self isolating (COVID) etc.
Original post by Jdjdjdjdjd
Ive got poor attendance this year, about 76%. However, all my work/essays are completed on time, and receive consistent high grades. Will my attendance be a factor in deciding my final grade? This is for A-levels btw

I believe that the one thing where low attendance may stiff you is the fact that if you fall under a certain level (60% or something) then the school won't take you back.
Reply 3
I was thinking they may have excused this or lowered it significantly as long as grades are sufficient due to people having genuine reasons to stay at home and learn remotely
Reply 4
Original post by EscapeCollege
I believe that the one thing where low attendance may stiff you is the fact that if you fall under a certain level (60% or something) then the school won't take you back.

I'm attending consistently from now on, there is no way they won't let me come. Im predicted A*A*A and I'm concerned if for some reason I'm externally looked at, my very low attendance but high grades might get me markedown or just look suspicious.
Reply 5
Original post by Jdjdjdjdjd
I'm attending consistently from now on, there is no way they won't let me come. Im predicted A*A*A and I'm concerned if for some reason I'm externally looked at, my very low attendance but high grades might get me markedown or just look suspicious.

Don't worry about it

Quick Reply

Latest