The Student Room Group

Raf Career

Hello, I have a few questions as I am looking to join the raf. So with my college I have to do another year (3 years in total in college) as I am doing a level 3 extended diploma. and as I didn't get my gcse english and maths in the first year of college I had to do a level 2 before level 3. So after next year I am looking to go in as either a pilot or RPAS pilot potentially. maybe something else but I would like to go into the raf as an officer. So my goal with college was to only to do 2 years however it has not really planned out. I guess I will need to complete this next year so I have a chance of becoming an officer.

Here are a few questions (maybe off topic to above)
1. for pilot application they are currently closed how long would it take for them to open again roughly or what do you reckon.

2. Is there any other chances of becoming an officer if I did drop out of college this year. which means I would get 1 1/2 a levels (level 3 foundation diploma).

3. I am wondering if I could join the raf reserves for a year during my last year of college before I go into the raf full time. (I say this because I am only going to be in college 2 / 3 days a week.
Reply 1
1. No-one on here will know as the Recruiter is no longer posting.

2. Have you looked at the RAF Recruitment website and researched the education requirements of GCSEs and A-levels, or equivalent?

3. Yes, but again you need to read up what you qualify for and is available as there may not be a suitable opening near you.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest