The Student Room Group

UCAS Employment Section

Hi there,

I'm wondering what (if anything) I should include in the employment section of the UCAS form. I finished my A levels in 2020 and since then I've been doing some design work on a freelance basis, earning around £10,000 over the past year. This has mainly been for one employer, but not exclusively. The work is relevant to the courses I'm applying to, so I will definitely mention it on my personal statement, but I'm not sure what I should put on the employment section.

Should I put down the name and address of the main company I've been working for? All the companies I've worked for? None of them?

Thanks
Its a section mostly designed for mature applicants so that they have space to explain what else they have done with their lives - which can sometimes be extensive or too complicated for their PS.

If you are going to explain your freelance work in your PS then literally all you need in the employment list is ' Freelance graphic designer' (or whatever) and the dates. Unis are not going to follow up any 'employer' - so you only need to account for the time in the briefest way possible, and you certainly dont need to include full details of every little bit of work you did.
For an undergraduate application this section is rarely looked at in any detail, (mainly if there’s been a gap in study). As above, cover it briefly under employment, just put ‘freelance’ under employer name and your home address if it requires one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending