The Student Room Group

Cardiff University A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WN 2004
My son was offered a place by Cardiff at 6.15pm this evening!
Strangely though he has been offered to do the first year at Cardiff then years 2-5. In Bangor where they do the graduate entry medicine. Has any one else been offered this set up??
He was rejected after interview and contacted yesterday to ask if he still wanted to be in the reserve list. He didn’t even know he was on the reserve list! Then a phone call today around 6.15pm.

Hi @WN 2004

Great to hear your son has been offered a place,

That is correct, he will do his first year at Cardiff and then come to us here at Bangor to do the rest of his degree.

You can find out more here: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a102-medicine-north-wales

Feel free to send me a message if you would like some more information, I can then put you in contact with the right people :smile:

Sera
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi @WN 2004

Great to hear your son has been offered a place,

That is correct, he will do his first year at Cardiff and then come to us here at Bangor to do the rest of his degree.

You can find out more here: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a102-medicine-north-wales

Feel free to send me a message if you would like some more information, I can then put you in contact with the right people :smile:

Sera

Thank you Sera

We have been looking at the course and it all looks great.
Has anyone heard anything from the reserve list recently?
Reply 2383
Original post by CrazyManiac
Has anyone heard anything from the reserve list recently?

did u get another email recently
Original post by Plue
did u get another email recently

Yeah they keep pushing it back honestly losing all hope
Reply 2385

it is quite disheartening :frown: but you're not alone, I suppose it's best to look ahead
Hi everyone,
I was really happy to be offered a place from the reserve list. I’ve been allocated Adam Street Gardens - does anyone else know where they will be staying?

What did that email say ? If u dont mind me asking
I’ve just had my accommodation through, is anyone else in Adam Street Gardens Block E?
Original post by zb321
I got my accommodation through yesterday, anyone in Aberdare Hall?

I am! :smile: In the old hall
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Trixie03
I’ve just had my accommodation through, is anyone else in Adam Street Gardens Block E?

Im there! but block C
Original post by zb321
I got my accommodation through yesterday, anyone in Aberdare Hall?

Hey I got aberdare hall too! library wing tho. Does anyone know what the shared bathrooms are like. Are they like a stall, public bathroom kinda thing? Excited to meet ye guys too.
Original post by zb321
oh nice, i’m also library wing! i haven’t seen our wing but i’ve been inside the main bit and there’s quite a few bathrooms per floor. some are big ones with a shower and a toilet and then there’s smaller ones which are just cubicles. so hopefully it’s a similar thing for us?

Thanks for replying. I'm kinda scared there's not gonna be an oven lol. Do you know anything about that and when are you planning to move in? I've booked for the 24th which feels a bit late.
Will there be a 2023 thread opening? I'm just wondering is it worthwhile applying? I have 32 points (achieved A*AB) and 2860 Band 1 in UCAT. I'm finishing my Maths Alevel this year, in which I'm predicted A* which will bring my grades up to entry requirements hopefully
Original post by almondsnow369
Will there be a 2023 thread opening? I'm just wondering is it worthwhile applying? I have 32 points (achieved A*AB) and 2860 Band 1 in UCAT. I'm finishing my Maths Alevel this year, in which I'm predicted A* which will bring my grades up to entry requirements hopefully

They score out of 27? There will be a 2023 thread somewhere
Original post by GANFYD
They score out of 27? There will be a 2023 thread somewhere

How do you add on achieved grades to GCSEs to make it out of 27?
Original post by almondsnow369
How do you add on achieved grades to GCSEs to make it out of 27?

It maxes out at 27, so even if you get 36, it is still 27, I believe
Original post by TSR George

Welcome to the Cardiff University A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Cardif A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6410426

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/medicine-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.

Hi,
Ive applied to Cardiff for medicine and im wondering if there's a possible chance I can get in or should I look into other options? at GCSE I got 9999988A and I am predicted AAAA for a levels. I volunteer at a local hospital... etc, but I got a bad score of 2370 in UCAT? will that make me be automatically rejected? Thnx
For those who had a written exam in 2022, may I know when you received a zoom link to attend the exam?
Original post by rhiannon2305
I did a combined interview for both dental hygiene (diploma) b750 and dental hygiene/therapy (degree) b752 and because my interview came close to the score I was put onto both reserve lists. So not for a100 but just relating the reserve list query. but they emailed to say that i was not offered a place but put on the reserve lsit, gave info about the list and an email address to contact to request more info on your position, score etc..

omg same i just had a dental hygeine interview and im on the reserved list rn. did u end up getting any offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending