The Student Room Group

medicine or pharmacy

hiya, as of the last few years i’ve been absolutely set on medicine however during the course of my work experience i’ve realised im not particularly good at interacting with difficult patients and i’m also quite squeamish (v prone to fainting)... as part of my medicine application i have four years of work at a pharmacy and do enjoy it there so now i’m contemplating switching into pharmacy. my gcse’s are five 9s and five 8s and a levels are bio, chem and english. i was just wondering if anyone has an insight to these careers and which one has a better outcome in terms of free time, finance and general happiness. and also would you say medicine is overrated for the amount of work you put in
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by username5574930
hiya, as of the last few years i’ve been absolutely set on medicine however during the course of my work experience i’ve realised im not particularly good at interacting with difficult patients and i’m also quite squeamish (v prone to fainting)... as part of my medicine application i have four years of work at a pharmacy and do enjoy it there so now i’m contemplating switching into pharmacy. my gcse’s are five 9s and five 8s and a levels are bio, chem and english. i was just wondering if anyone has an insight to these careers and which one has a better outcome in terms of free time, finance and general happiness. and also would you say medicine is overrated for the amount of work you put in

sucks that no one replied to this bcos im also looking for pointers. What did you pick in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest