The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to feel this way?

So school has ended and I have finished my exams, which means I won’t be going to school and seeing friends often for a while. I haven’t been texting them and nor have they, keep in mind I only have like 5 friends, and I kind of closed in and can’t be bothered to talk to anyone. When I do talk to my friends, I get bored and wanna leave ASAP. They invited me to go shopping with them but for some reason I really just don’t wanna go. I don’t wanna see my friends, I’m kind of bored of them (I hope that doesn’t seem wrong). Is it wrong to feel this way? What should I do?
im so much like this (nd im kinda scared you're one of the friends ive arranged to go shopping with now lol) - but i get this so badddddd. i get bored of people and things so easily and i find that a little bit of space refreshes my mind. i know you wont want to but going shopping might be good, get you out of the house for a bit :smile: it's absolutely not wrong to feel like this and you are so valid to feel bored
Original post by Anonymous
So school has ended and I have finished my exams, which means I won’t be going to school and seeing friends often for a while. I haven’t been texting them and nor have they, keep in mind I only have like 5 friends, and I kind of closed in and can’t be bothered to talk to anyone. When I do talk to my friends, I get bored and wanna leave ASAP. They invited me to go shopping with them but for some reason I really just don’t wanna go. I don’t wanna see my friends, I’m kind of bored of them (I hope that doesn’t seem wrong). Is it wrong to feel this way? What should I do?

It's not wrong at all. Often the friends we have at school are friends of convenience, meaning you're only really hanging out with them/speaking to them because you're at the same school and it's just convenient to be friends with them to make your lives easier. I had friends at school I hung out with all the time, spoke to all the time, but I've not spoken to them pretty much since we left school many years ago now. It's not necessarily a bad thing. You'll go through life and find friends you do want to be with as you meet more people. It doesn't mean you don't like them or anything, just that you're not compatible in the real world for lasting friendships.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
im so much like this (nd im kinda scared you're one of the friends ive arranged to go shopping with now lol) - but i get this so badddddd. i get bored of people and things so easily and i find that a little bit of space refreshes my mind. i know you wont want to but going shopping might be good, get you out of the house for a bit :smile: it's absolutely not wrong to feel like this and you are so valid to feel bored

Thanks for the reassurance, I just feel like it’s wrong because they are my best friends
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's not wrong at all. Often the friends we have at school are friends of convenience, meaning you're only really hanging out with them/speaking to them because you're at the same school and it's just convenient to be friends with them to make your lives easier. I had friends at school I hung out with all the time, spoke to all the time, but I've not spoken to them pretty much since we left school many years ago now. It's not necessarily a bad thing. You'll go through life and find friends you do want to be with as you meet more people. It doesn't mean you don't like them or anything, just that you're not compatible in the real world for lasting friendships.

I understand what you mean, but my concern is that they’re my best friends but nowadays I feel bored of talking to the same people and we rarely chat anyways, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t as close. I’d love to go out and stuff but I wanna meet new people... tbh idk how I feel I’m just so bored and drained.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending