The Student Room Group

Can i do a foundation year online?

so i’ve done a gap year already im 20 this year and im looking at uni for sept 2022 but im thinking about doing a foundation year anyways bc it’s been a long time since i studied. so i was wondering if i could do an online foundation year this year (2021-2022)

i looked on the Open University and they do certificates which can be just one year full time and it’s 120 credits which is good bc i need more credits anyway but is the certificate the same as the foundation year? would i be able to go to uni afterwards?
Original post by mayareeve
so i’ve done a gap year already im 20 this year and im looking at uni for sept 2022 but im thinking about doing a foundation year anyways bc it’s been a long time since i studied. so i was wondering if i could do an online foundation year this year (2021-2022)

i looked on the Open University and they do certificates which can be just one year full time and it’s 120 credits which is good bc i need more credits anyway but is the certificate the same as the foundation year? would i be able to go to uni afterwards?

Hi, I hope you are well, what courses are you looking at/ interested in? Most university courses offer a foundation year which is one year and is based around gaining skills needed to progress on to the undergraduate degree. Which would be useful as it means you can continue onto the degree afterwards rather than doing a foundation year or equivalent else where. This option means the degree in total would be 4 years (including the foundation year). It is worth looking at the requirements needed on the university websites because some universities will consider your application even if you don't have all the credits you require especially during clearing. I have attached a link below if you wish to look at the courses Newman offers and the requirements needed. There is also a link on the website if you want to speak to a current student and get more advice. I hope this helps :smile:
https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/subject-areas/
You would be able to go to uni after. Student finance could be impacted tho. Not too sure on that last part tho so best to check the website
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending