The Student Room Group

i have a bad unhealthy obsession

I have an obsession with my head of PE who is female. I am also female but it is not in a romantic way. i just love her so much, i can't stop thinking about her and whenever she walks in the room i feel so happy! But while it does make me happy occasionally i mostly feel so sad because i'm leaving school n 1 week . I can't leave her, it will break my heart. she's just soo beautiful and so nice. she doesn't teach me but does teach some of my friends which makes me feel so jealous and it hurts when i know that she is teaching them. i don know hwy she is like a big sister to me why is this?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have an obsession with my head of PE who is female. I am also female but it is not in a romantic way. i just love her so much, i can't stop thinking about her and whenever she walks in the room i feel so happy! But while it does make me happy occasionally i mostly feel so sad because i'm leaving school n 1 week . I can't leave her, it will break my heart. she's just soo beautiful and so nice. she doesn't teach me but does teach some of my friends which makes me feel so jealous and it hurts when i know that she is teaching them. i don know hwy she is like a big sister to me why is this?

I think if you really like her that much you can tell her my saying that she is your fav teacher and i guess their is nothing wrong in liking your teacher as long as it is not in a romantic way.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!

I have felt the same way. I felt obsessed with two of my 6th grade teachers to a point where I didn’t know if they were lying to me or not about me annoying them. I’m no longer in their classes, but I really missed them. If you ever feel super attached to a teacher, you really don’t have to leave them. You can go visit their classroom every once in a while, email/text them, and a lot more. So you can still keep in touch with your teachers long after you’re in their class.

I hope this helps! :biggrin:
Reply 3
“not in a romantic way” suuuuuuuuure...
Reply 4
I'm definitely not an expert but I do have a friend who is in a very similar situation as you are.

Firstly, it's nothing to be ashamed of, especially if the following resonates with you.

Generally those who are lacking a supportive female figure in their lives will form attachments with outside female figures. If this teacher is particularly supportive, caring or nurturing, you might be feeling drawn to her as these may be (most likely, maternal) traits that you crave due to there being a lack of at home. My friend doesn't have the most open and communicative mother, and since her mother is especially closed off, she formed a deep attachment to her female teacher because it was the first time she had felt heard by an adult woman.

In your case, I feel like you might have a deep obsession with her perhaps because you see things in her that you wish to be reflected onto you? For example, if you are insecure about your looks but she is a very confident and beautiful woman, you might be drawn to her because you want to be like her. If you are not a 'popular' person but the teacher seems to be received well by students and staff alike, you may crave to have her natural charm and wish to behave the way she does.

People sometimes get 'obsessed' or 'addicted' to other people who are perceived as perfect to them. Even though it's impossible, everyone strives for perfection. If her flaws and faults are unknown to you, over time you may have developed the perception that this teacher can do no wrong and defines perfection for you.

If she is also not much older than you (i.e. she's younger compared to the rest of the teachers, 20-something), but she is still an adult (I'm assuming), you may like her a lot because you may have a history of the adults around you treating you like a child, and not an equal - which is understandably frustrating.

This is probably a good opportunity to do some reflection on why you might be feeling this way - I'm just taking some guesses here based on experiences with people I know. In any case, it's okay to love a teacher as simply that - a teacher. They have very important roles and I'm sure they are heart-warmed by the fact that they are so deeply appreciated by their students. But if this becomes a real problem and you start to become possessive, jealous or stalker-ish, then my only advice is to probably talk to someone and get some help.

I hope this was helpful in some way!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending