The Student Room Group

Laptop or iPad?

Hello!
I have just graduated from my sixth form college and now waiting to start my first year university soon. I am currently holding an offer to study BSc Actuarial Science at the London School of Economics (LSE).
So I am wondering whether I should buy a laptop or an iPad Pro with a keyboard. I already have a laptop for the time being but I am just afraid that it will not be enough for my undergraduate study.
Can anyone please provide me any insights regarding this.

Thank You
If you are going to be using it to read textbooks, then the aspect ratio of iPads are great for this. I actually bought a Samsung S6 Lite, and whilst it was great for watching films with being 16:10, which is similar to laptops, I sent it back and got an iPad which is 4:3. Textbooks fit the screen way better and are actually bigger.

My phone has a taller screen than my kindle, but the width of my kindle is wider. Reading a book on my phone would be well annoying, yet on the kindle, even though a shorter screen, the width balances it out. That's pretty much what it's like with an iPad.
(edited 2 years ago)
If your laptop is fine now for general web browsing and typing emails and creating Word and spreadsheet documents it will be fine for student use.

You'll be spending enough on living in London. There's no need to spend more on a laptop ir ipad if you have a good enough laptop already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending