The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Freshers and Moving in week

I’ve heard 1st year students move into halls on the weekend of 2/3rd Oct, but I know a few fresher events which run from the 19th September. Can you move into halls any earlier due to this or anything?
You'll have to ask your halls, they all have different move in dates.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Treehouse8
I’ve heard 1st year students move into halls on the weekend of 2/3rd Oct, but I know a few fresher events which run from the 19th September. Can you move into halls any earlier due to this or anything?

Hi @Treehouse8,

All of the official Lancaster University fresher events will typically occur during welcome week which this year is 4-8th October 2021, and yes you are correct, most students will move in the weekend before so 2/3rd October. Half of the colleges often move in on the Saturday of that weekend, and the other half on the Sunday to ease congestion around campus.

If you do have any questions about accommodation, including moving in early (although I don't know if this is possible) you can email the team at [email protected].

I hope this helps.

Rebecca (Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
Original post by Treehouse8

With covid last year and restrictions, the colleges had a staggered move in day last year. Grizedale and Fylde were the 26th September, where Pendles and other colleges was slightly earlier. From what I remember some moved as early as Monday the 21st. The ones before that on the 19th /20th and before that date I believe they were international students.
There were some events that week for early colleges that had moved in, but ramped up from Sunday the 27th onwards.

Grizedales was the last to move in. Below picture was the time table https://sites.google.com/view/grizedalefreshers2020/freshers
freshers.jpg
Bear in mind this years cohort was at tables of 6 last year and flats couldn't mix, so a lot of students did the freshers programme, and also went to the castle, williamson park plus things like instagram bingo round campus. My eldest's flat, they booked 2 tables of 6 at Glow for 2 of the nights during freshers week (she was in a flat of 12)
This was one of the nights she went
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=GlowNightclubLancaster&set=a.2313911518754720

It could change again this year and all move in over the weekend again and do the same programme as previous years now restrictions have been lifted. Or they could keep it as a staggered move in still, but obviously more relaxed. The staggered move in day was not mentioned until a couple of weeks before, so keep an eye out on the website and the fb college pages too.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending