The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
Right now, no idea.

Leave this with me, should have a proper response within a few days. Right now there are still some 2022 applicants being excited about starting their course in a few weeks so everything stays open for now. :smile:

There are offer holder threads for every uni, which were used for that sort of discussion, so those with offers could be excited and happy whilst those still waiting could be anxious and full of dread :lol: People tended to flit between the two to support people still waiting, but anticipation and excitement was mainly in the Offer Holder threads.
But no need to close the thread, just a decision whether 2023 applicants take the thread off topic?
Hi
Is there any offer holders from Newnham college or Lucy Cavendish?
I heard these are womens only colleges.
How about the lectures and hospital placements?

I guess womens only where you stay and your library facilities and rest of everything as same as all other colleges.
Please advise.
Thanks
Hi,
Is there a cambridge university college ranking for medicine like Tompkins Table?
Even there is no list for 2020, 2021, 2022 in Tompkins table.
Please advice
Looks like based on 2019 ranking
1. Christ
2. Trinity
3. Pembrokeshire
4. Peterhouse
Not sure about rest
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by curiousappa
Hi
Is there any offer holders from Newnham college or Lucy Cavendish?
I heard these are womens only colleges.
How about the lectures and hospital placements?

I guess womens only where you stay and your library facilities and rest of everything as same as all other colleges.
Please advise.
Thanks

Lucy cavendish is no longer womens only.
the only two womens only colleges are Murray edwards and newnham.

From my understanding whilst the students may all be female there are male staff, eg porters etc.

your lectures and placements are with everyone else on your course so your college has no effect in that

hope that helps :smile:
Original post by curiousappa
Hi,
Is there a cambridge university college ranking for medicine like Tompkins Table?
Even there is no list for 2020, 2021, 2022 in Tompkins table.
Please advice
Looks like based on 2019 ranking
1. Christ
2. Trinity
3. Pembrokeshire
4. Peterhouse
Not sure about rest

No as medicine is not classified into 1st, 2nd 3rd class. It is only pass/fail.
Reply 505
Has everyone who is starting this year (and got freshers week) got their timetable? Who do I contact if I cannot access mine and I am missing emails on start of course? Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonymous9393
hi! well done thats amazing, im a year 12 and wanted to know what kind of tips you have for getting an offer for cambridge med, what were your stats/ supercurricular if you dont mind me asking

Hi, you may be best off posting on the medicine megathreads, as this one hasn't been in use for about 6 months!

Links:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7126857
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7233558

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending