The Student Room Group

When do accommodations usually have their move in date?

I'm aware that this varies depending on the uni you go to but I'm just asking for an average to help planning - I'm starting uni in September this year.
For halls, it's usually the weekend before Freshers' Week starts (independent/private accomodation varies) - you may be given a specific slot in which you have to arrive, but it's ordinarily some time that Saturday or Sunday.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm aware that this varies depending on the uni you go to but I'm just asking for an average to help planning - I'm starting uni in September this year.

Hi there!

What university are you planning on going to?

When I joined Surrey in 2019 my move in weekend was at the end of September and was a week before our welcome talks, going to lectures etc. During the first week, it'll most likely be loads of fresher events. My university gave me a choice of time slots to arrive on the Saturday or Sunday and then went from there :smile: I would suggest trying to sort everything out like what to bring etc by end of august as that should allow you to have time to get everything ready as well as get anything ready that you've missed without it being too last minute :smile:

I hope this helps!
Becca (Psychology Placement Student)
Whenever official welcome week starts the Friday or Saturday before

usually at some point int he week before uni starts but most people do the weekend before that first Monday I moved in on Sunday but could have done any time from the Wednesday.
Im not sure about your particular uni but my moving weekend at Winchester is 11/12th September & my course starts on the 20th. It should say on the uni website when move in weekend is or if is doesn't then it's usually a week before your course starts on a weekend (you can find out your course start date on your ucas track)
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi!

freshers this year at Portsmouth are moving in end of September mainly (after the 20th). There's usually a couple of days where people move in and you book a time slot. I know this year it's a bit more spread out than just a couple of days due to being safe with COVID restrictions.
Teaching and lectures start 4th of October.

In my first year, 3 years ago, I moved in around the 11th of September and teaching started the week after.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Ours was the weekend before Freshers Week, there is some flexibility so you could move earlier or later if you've got it cleared with management but it does tend to be the weekend so you're all settled in for Freshers. Your term dates should be listed on your website so it should be easy to figure out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending