The Student Room Group

Believing your gut

How do I believe my gut instinct when it’s always on fire because of my trust issues. I can’t help my trust issues I’ve been betrayed in every relationship and majority of friendships. How do I know something is a red flag and how do I believe my gut when I’m paranoid about anything that could even be innocent. Why was my gut telling me something when a situation ended up being innocent.

Pls help everyone always says make your decisions off your gut instinct or listen to it but it’s always telling me bad things because I don’t trust people.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I believe my gut instinct when it’s always on fire because of my trust issues. I can’t help my trust issues I’ve been betrayed in every relationship and majority of friendships. How do I know something is a red flag and how do I believe my gut when I’m paranoid about anything that could even be innocent. Why was my gut telling me something when a situation ended up being innocent.

Pls help everyone always says make your decisions off your gut instinct or listen to it but it’s always telling me bad things because I don’t trust people.

Tbh I think the gut instinct isn't the ONLY thing you should rely on. My ex cheated on me with my best friend so I know how that feels to have trust issues. But you need to work on trying to make your attitude to relationships more healthy.
My main advice is Communication!
If you have a bf/gf, you've got to work on talking about the way you feel and ask them how they feel. That's the best way to get to know how your relationship is going. If they aren't someone who's willing to communicate, then they're not for you.

I've always had insecurities but the best thing I think I did for myself and my relationship was to become more secure in MYSELF. If you can develop the confidence to walk away from a failing relationship, then you can be happy in one too. Personally, I just believe whatever my bf says he does and he tries the same for me. If I find out through some medium he's "done something" with someone else. Although I feel sick to my stomach, I don't allow myself to get worked up until I've both investigated the matter and asked him straight out if it's true. He can lie, but the truth always comes out if that's the case. So if I find out it is that something's happened - I would just dump him. He knows this and I know it's the same for me. That security means no one feels as insecure about the other x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending