The Student Room Group

Occupational Health Checks

Hi

I was wondering if anyone is able to offer some advice.

I have been offered a place to study Adult Nursing through clearing. I am waiting to hear about occupational health and DBS checks.

Are they both online forms or is the OH face to face? I’m concerned time is ticking on and don’t want to lose my place due to delays.

Thank you
Original post by Erhu2021
Hi

I was wondering if anyone is able to offer some advice.

I have been offered a place to study Adult Nursing through clearing. I am waiting to hear about occupational health and DBS checks.

Are they both online forms or is the OH face to face? I’m concerned time is ticking on and don’t want to lose my place due to delays.

Thank you

I received an email from my uni about the DBS and OH a few days ago.

For the OH, I just got sent a few forms to fill out by email which once filled can be sent back by email/post!!

For my DBS check, it was an online application and then I had to go to a post office to pay a fee and show relevant proof of ID before the process starts, from previous DBS checks it doesnt take too long

This is just my experience, I would assume it would be a similar process for other unis but I hope this helped!!:smile:
Reply 2
DBS will be an online form and then the Post Office ID check that the person above mentioned, OH will probably be an online form with some questions about your overall health, any existing or previous health conditions and any previous health issues/hospital admissions. You'll probably also have to upload your vaccination and immunisation record (you can get that from your GP or your child health record). You may then have to have a face-to-face appointment if you need to talk to a member of the occupational health team or have any kind of health assessment, or be given any additional vaccinations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending