The Student Room Group

Would I classify as a Home Student?

Hi. I'm about to be in Year 12. I want to know if I would be a Home Student for University, but I'm not sure if I'm actually classify for one.

I have a British Passport and I'm a British Citizen, and I do have some property in the UK. I usually go back to my home country during holidays.

Would I be eligible to be a Home Student? If not, how can I change this? Thanks.
Original post by jakeyg1234
Hi. I'm about to be in Year 12. I want to know if I would be a Home Student for University, but I'm not sure if I'm actually classify for one.

I have a British Passport and I'm a British Citizen, and I do have some property in the UK. I usually go back to my home country during holidays.

Would I be eligible to be a Home Student? If not, how can I change this? Thanks.

Hi Jake,

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Jake,

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

hello,

1. i want to study medicine at any UK university. these are some i have in mind:
- Oxford or Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- UCL
- Birmingham University
- Manchester Univeristy

2. i’m currently 16 right now

3. i have British nationality and i have been studying in the UK as a border since i was 13. i have spent about 70 days in the UK so far and plan to go back soon and stay until the end of the year.

4. i’ve just finished GCSEs. i want to be apply as a Home Student to UK universities, and i just wanted to know if i’d classify as one.

thank you
hello,

1. i want to study medicine at any UK university. these are some i have in mind:
- Oxford or Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- UCL
- Birmingham University
- Manchester Univeristy

2. i’m currently 16 right now

3. i have British nationality and i have been studying in the UK as a border since i was 13. i have spent about 70 days in the UK so far and plan to go back soon and stay until the end of the year.

4. i’ve just finished GCSEs. i want to be apply as a Home Student to UK universities, and i just wanted to know if i’d classify as one.

thank you

Please clarify what you mean studying as a border?

Where do you reside?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
i currently reside in Bahrain. i go to the UK for studying.
i currently reside in Bahrain. i go to the UK for studying.

Our guidance states:

UK Nationals Never Lived in the UK / Long Term Absence from Living in the UK (Home Student Funding)
UK nationals who have never lived in the UK or have not lived there for some time will be able to apply for SFE Home Student Funding if they meet the eligibility criteria below:

Resident in the EEA or Switzerland at the end of the transition period (on the 31st December 2020) and
Resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA and Switzerland for three years prior to the first day of the first AY of the course.

As long as you meet this criteria then you will be eligible to apply as a home student.

If you were in Bahrain permanently all your life, then you won't be eligible, you will need to reside in the UK/EEA for 3 years first.

Thanks, Isaac
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending