applying to uni with BTECs

Watch this thread
shaha786
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hi, so i am doing 3 btecs:
l3 applied science, health and social care and applied law
i was wondering will i be able to apply to courses like paramedic science and radiography with these btecs?
thank you
Powersymphonia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
The answer is yes. Applied Science and Health and Social Care are relevant courses to give you the knowledge you will need for either of those options. They are also great if you'd like to study nursing or midwifery too.
shaha786
Rep:
(Original post by Powersymphonia)
The answer is yes. Applied Science and Health and Social Care are relevant courses to give you the knowledge you will need for either of those options. They are also great if you'd like to study nursing or midwifery too.
thank you for replying!
Powersymphonia
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shaha786)
thank you for replying!I
Is there any particular uni you are interested in applying to?
shaha786
Rep:
Is there any particular uni you are interested in applying to?
bradford university is probably my first choice
Powersymphonia
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
bradford university is probably my first choice
Bradford accept BTEC for both radiography and paramedic science. You need to get DDM in either applied science or health and social care.
shaha786
Rep:
Bradford accept BTEC for both radiography and paramedic science. You need to get DDM in either applied science or health and social care.
thats great. i just got to get the right kind of work experience now to put on my personal statement i suppose
Powersymphonia
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
thats great. i just got to get the right kind of work experience now to put on my personal statement i suppose
Maybe you could get a weekend job in a care home? It would be good experience and there are lots of jobs in care.
shaha786
Rep:
Maybe you could get a weekend job in a care home? It would be good experience and there are lots of jobs in care.
yh thats a good idea, thank you. im jus really wary about finding work experience in some sort of radiology department as its so hard to find anything because of covid ;//
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
22.73%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.55%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (3)
13.64%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
9.09%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
27.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads