The Student Room Group

Age in relationships

do you guys think age matters ? Like some people may see it as grooming and some people say age doesn't matter. Idk i genuinely think it's no ones business except for theirs but some people really are pressed about stuff like this.

Any opinions ?
age gaps don't matter to me love who you want. it doesn't matter the age height or ethnicity. as long as you love the person. there are a lot of people who marry for money and other things over love but it's not my problem so I don't worry about it. as long as it is legal.
(edited 2 years ago)
Age definitely matters. If the age gap is inappropriate then it is grooming and/or paedophilia.
Original post by rosy_posy
Age definitely matters. If the age gap is inappropriate then it is grooming and/or paedophilia.

how big of an age gap do you think is inappropriate. like a 10 or 40 year age gap. I have never been in a relationship with a large age gap but seeing people with a large age gap dating doesn't bother me.
Original post by Anonymous
how big of an age gap do you think is inappropriate. like a 10 or 40 year age gap. I have never been in a relationship with a large age gap but seeing people with a large age gap dating doesn't bother me.

Depends on the age of both people. A 13 year old dating an 18 year old is a problem, but a 19 year old dating a 24 year old isn't.
Original post by angelove1704
age gaps don't matter to me love who you want. it doesn't matter the age height or ethnicity. as long as you love the person. there are a lot of people who marry for money and other things over love but it's not my problem so I don't worry about it

So a 15 year old girl with a 30 year old man is fine for you? 🤔 Sounds like the "love is love" girl.. Someone can the cops
So a 15 year old girl with a 30 year old man is fine for you? 🤔 Sounds like the "love is love" girl.. Someone can the cops

i forgot to put as long as it legal
she^ she changes it on top.
i was 7 and my girlfriend was 42

well that's not legal in pretty sure
she^ she changes it on top.

and i did change what i said if you reread it
(edited 2 years ago)
i forgot to put as long as it legal

does anyone ever have the problem where you hit u on the phone and it changes to an I? I know its a u problem
Original post by angelove1704
well that's not legal in pretty sure

Oh she told me it was ok :frown:
Oh she told me it was ok :frown:

where I'm from you can't date anyone under 18 if you're over 18. no 17 and 19 or like you said 7 and 42. that relationship would be like dating your child
As long as everyone is over the minimum legal age of sexual consent, nothing illegal is going on and the two people are happy together- age is not important.
Mutual attraction, shared ambitions & interests, maturity and compatible values are the most important things in a positive relationship.
I'm only attracted to guys older than me, the oldest guys I dated as a 16-17 year old were in their 50s and 60s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending