The Student Room Group

Will unis discriminate against extra time?

I have the opportunity to have 25% extra time for my A level exams and the Oxford admissions test (I'm taking the TSA for Economics and Management).

Do universities know whether you have had extra time in your exams and admissions tests? I know it's illegal for them to discriminate due to this but I also know no system is perfect.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by L.Stewart
I have the opportunity to have 25% extra time for my A level exams and the Oxford admissions test (I'm taking the TSA for Economics and Management).

Do universities know whether you have had extra time in your exams and admissions tests? I know it's illegal for them to discriminate due to this but I also know no system is perfect.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

They won't know :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
They won't know :smile:

Thanks for replying! May I ask how you know? And will unis not know for both A level exams and admissions tests?
Thanks for replying! May I ask how you know? And will unis not know for both A level exams and admissions tests?

I'm a teacher -

Will you need any special arrangements for an interview? You will also be entitled to additional time at university if you have the right paperwork for this support.
Reply 4
I haven't been told about special arrangements for an interview so I assume not. My teachers referred me to the Learning Support Coordinator at my school a few months ago who assessed me and concluded I should have extra time.

I'm just worried universities will know about my extra time for the admission test as it is 'their' assessment system...
I haven't been told about special arrangements for an interview so I assume not. My teachers referred me to the Learning Support Coordinator at my school a few months ago who assessed me and concluded I should have extra time.

I'm just worried universities will know about my extra time for the admission test as it is 'their' assessment system...

Universities have to give extra time if you have medical issues. I worked on exams and students were in different rooms and often with their own invigilator. It isnt an issue for universities. It is covered by the disability discrimination act and that is the law of the land. They cannot discriminate on that basis.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending