The Student Room Group

What can i do with a pass merit or distinction?

I got a pass in my diagnostic assessments. There was a lot of mistakes so ill have to up my game to get a anything more. It looks like the more you write the higher the grade. But what can i do after i get a pass, merit or distinction?
Is this relating to a BTEC?

If so is this level 1, 2 or 3?

I did both 2 and 3 so might be able to help 🤔
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JasmineAcademic
Is this relating to a BTEC?

If so is this level 1, 2 or 3?

I did both 2 and 3 so might be able to help 🤔

Its level 3
Original post by CHRISDOR
Its level 3

Oh great! Well as you haven’t said what course your doing I’m not going to be too specific but I’ll try and help if I can. It really does depend on the weight of your course and how many modules/units it consist of. My level 3 was an extended BTEC which was over two years and consisted of 13 modules and was equivalent to 3 A levels. What is yours equivalent to?

I managed to get 3 passes, 2 merits and the rest were distinctions. Overall I came out with a D*DD which meant I could practically apply to any university course. Usually uni websites won’t show entry requirements for BTEC students and it will usually come under alternative qualifications or something like that! I went to a Russel group university and one of the best in the country for my subject and it never mentioned BTEC on their website but more than you think accept them. If you opted to not go to uni, having a BTEC can also let you get into degree level apprenticeships if you preferred the learning on the job side as opposed to studying.

It really does different on the weight of your BTEC though. If you have 12 units of less, to get into uni they will usually want you to have at least one a level alongside your BTEC. As mine was more than that I didn’t need anything else other than GCSE maths and English.
Reply 4
Oh great! Well as you haven’t said what course your doing I’m not going to be too specific but I’ll try and help if I can. It really does depend on the weight of your course and how many modules/units it consist of. My level 3 was an extended BTEC which was over two years and consisted of 13 modules and was equivalent to 3 A levels. What is yours equivalent to?

I managed to get 3 passes, 2 merits and the rest were distinctions. Overall I came out with a D*DD which meant I could practically apply to any university course. Usually uni websites won’t show entry requirements for BTEC students and it will usually come under alternative qualifications or something like that! I went to a Russel group university and one of the best in the country for my subject and it never mentioned BTEC on their website but more than you think accept them. If you opted to not go to uni, having a BTEC can also let you get into degree level apprenticeships if you preferred the learning on the job side as opposed to studying.

It really does different on the weight of your BTEC though. If you have 12 units of less, to get into uni they will usually want you to have at least one a level alongside your BTEC. As mine was more than that I didn’t need anything else other than GCSE maths and English.

Thanks for the info. Its in business and its equivalent to three A levels not sure how many modules are in that.

hi you know how you mentioned you did btec level 3 yeah i am doing the same thing.
right now i am struggling on how to revise for the exams(business decision making and principles of management) coming up in January. do you have any advice for me by anychance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending