The Student Room Group

Need advice about my partner please

Ok so I try to make this short and sweet
Basically I’ve been rushed to hospital with suspected covid because I feel to the floor and couldn’t breath the ambulance gave me huge dose of nebuliser and liquid steroids

Then rushed to a ward where I had bloods taken ecg and a chest X-ray and tons of pills ect

I just couldn’t breath on my own anymore was very scary

It turned out I had a nasty chest infection that made my asthma 10x worse I got discharged the next day

Anyways my partner who I’ve been with 2 and a half years didn’t offer to take me home in fact said how you gonna get home I said taxi I guess and she’s like ok

Then when I got home the very next day she decides to go back to work and I’m left on my own looking after my kid and I’m suppose to be bed bound for a week while the steroids and antibiotics kick in

Then when she comes home from work she attacks and now been blanked alday and night

What kinda person would do this to someone ?
Reply 1
I suggest that you discuss with her how her attitude has made you feel and outline what you need from the relationship. If you’re not happy with the response you get then it may be time to reconsider whether you’re happy with this person
Reply 2
Original post by JessJJ
I suggest that you discuss with her how her attitude has made you feel and outline what you need from the relationship. If you’re not happy with the response you get then it may be time to reconsider whether you’re happy with this person

Thank you, personally if someone comes out of hospital you look after them but totally on my own, thanks for your comments appreciate it
That's really not nice at all of her. Sounds like she doesn't care. But ngl, you share a kid together and you decide to come here rather than just communicate with her straight away is not the best.
I’d assume she’d expect you to pick her up from the hospital and to be there for her if she was in the same situation? If so, that isn’t right. Do you normally take care of her when she’s sick? This is just a thought, but maybe she feels like you don’t and she’s being spiteful to get back at you for it?
I think a conversation is needed before any conclusions. Some people genuinely just don't think as you'd expect.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I try to make this short and sweet
Basically I’ve been rushed to hospital with suspected covid because I feel to the floor and couldn’t breath the ambulance gave me huge dose of nebuliser and liquid steroids

Then rushed to a ward where I had bloods taken ecg and a chest X-ray and tons of pills ect

I just couldn’t breath on my own anymore was very scary

It turned out I had a nasty chest infection that made my asthma 10x worse I got discharged the next day

Anyways my partner who I’ve been with 2 and a half years didn’t offer to take me home in fact said how you gonna get home I said taxi I guess and she’s like ok

Then when I got home the very next day she decides to go back to work and I’m left on my own looking after my kid and I’m suppose to be bed bound for a week while the steroids and antibiotics kick in

Then when she comes home from work she attacks and now been blanked alday and night

What kinda person would do this to someone ?

Like others have suggested - please have a conversation about it... be gentle and no fight or attack of words or other nature.
Reply 7
In fairness to her, she isnt a nurse maid and doesnt really have to drop her life, even if it is a bit crass.
Bit cruel imo what shes doing but then again none of us kow the context here so its hard to make a comment other than reiterate the prior suggestions of others in you should talk to her, not fight over it.
She asked how you were getting home. Unless you asked her to pick you up, and she said no, then it's not fair to say she wasn't prepared to do so.

Like her, I would have gone to work the next day too. You can't really expect her to put her job on hold. If you wanted her to stay home did you actually vocalise this?

Not enough information to comment on her 'attack' mentioned at the end of the post.

Sounds like a lack of communication. If you want something from her you need to tell her this. You can't expect her to read your mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending