The Student Room Group

EPQ Titles

Hi everyone,
I have just started doing an EPQ and I am undecided what to do for a title and wondered if anyone could help?
I am doing Geography, History and French A Level and would like to study something like Geography and French/ law and French at uni.
I am on the initial ideas section of my EPQ production log and have basically chosen 2 topic ideas I’m interested in:
1. Prisons and criminal justice system- could do a question on comparing UK and Norway prisons/ nature vs nurture of criminals/ maybe “would crime be eradicated if poverty and inequality ended?”

2. The ‘resource curse’ and oil extraction in the Niger Delta- Shell- range of consequences e.g. heightening poverty trap/pollution and climate change- exploitation of resources and how they have in fact led to less development in Nigeria- “to what extent have Shell and other multi-national organisations influenced the socio-economic state of Nigeria” or “to what extent is the resource curse true” colonialism-Shell

These are just 2 themes I’m really interested in with a load of random ideas but I would really appreciate it if anyone has any idea which topic I should go for/ question ideas related to this.

Thank you so much!
Hi,

For your first topic may I recommended you listen to “Silje Redergård and James Bulger: how Norway and Britain handle children who kill” a podcast by Infraction; it gives a very good insight into the different penal systems.

Sorry I know this has nothing to do with titles but it’s very interesting.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending