The Student Room Group

Can you drop a 4th a level halfway through year 13

My question here - Can you drop a 4th a level halfway though year 13? If so what problems can occur thank you
Reply 1
Yes you can, as long as you got a decent grade at AS then it’s completely fine for universities. All of them ask for 3 A levels anyway unless you’re applying to some extremely competitive course that may want further maths, so it depends on the entry requirements. I wouldn’t stress though, most people drop their 4th A level in the end :smile:
Reply 2
If its your 4th A-level you can normally drop it as most Universities and apprenticeships make offers with 3. If it related to the course you want to do (or on the entry requirements) you might want to rethink if that's the right subject to drop, but 4 A-levels is a lot of work and its understandable why you would want to drop one and it will give you more time to focus on your others. Don't forget to add you AS to UCAS !!
Original post by Anonymous
My question here - Can you drop a 4th a level halfway though year 13? If so what problems can occur thank you

You have to tell the universities to which you've applied that you are doing so. This applies even if you have received an offer based on 3 A-levels or the dropped subject is irrelevant to your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending