The Student Room Group

My housemate turned friend

Hi, I live in a house of 8 people and I'm in 2nd year of uni. Since I moved in me and this girl in my house started to bond and get really close and I invited her into my friend group which she accepted. She would also invite me with her friends too. I felt like it was only a week me and this girl have lived together and already felt really close. We clicked instantly and I felt like I could talk to her about anything and vice versa. But then this other girl moves in a week after (this girl lived with me last year in halls and she was so mean to me by finding chances to leave me out). I don't care about her leaving me out as I have other friends now, but its the fact she is now stealing my new friend away from me by making plans with her behind my back and trying to turn her against me. My now new friend is starting to like her and is starting to bond with her instead. Its like now she has made my new friend also leave me out. I told my new friend about how she treated me last year and what she is doing to me, but my new friend won't believe her as she puts on a show by acting all perfect. I am already very close friends with another girl that lived with last year and she lives on the opposite street. But it makes me sad because me and my new friend shared so much together that I don't want it to end. I feel so low everyday because of this that I can't get anything done and end up falling behind because of not feeling like getting out of bed.
It's a horrible feeling when someone you don't like becomes friends with someone that you do. I'm sure if you give it some time things will settle, it can take time to get to know people and establish friendships with them and since you still live with the girl that you like you will have a lot of time to be together and get to know her. Best of luck, hope it doesn't get you down too much. For the time being if this person you do not like is getting in the way of you and the girl I would spend time with your other friends until you have the chance to get to know this girl better. You can still invite her to things etc without including the other person.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending