The Student Room Group

What's your 'God tier' advent calendar?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reality Check
Thanks for that link :smile: I think the answer might be to have two advent calendars - one with the bible readings and one with the chocolates!

There’s probably even better ones on Etsy, my mum sometimes wants sefers and Etsy is always my go to place for customised stuff like that
Original post by Smeraldettoi
There’s probably even better ones on Etsy, my mum sometimes wants sefers and Etsy is always my go to place for customised stuff like that

Yes - Etsy is where you find stuff like that, isn't it? Sometimes a bit pricey, but often the only option.
don't forget to make your Advent Crown :h:

bpac.png
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Haha no I don't feel like I have to, it's just now it's been recommended I'm intrigued! Next year! :biggrin:

Ooh green and blacks is yummy (always feel like it's posh)? :tongue:

Oh wow I wish we had that at family events, sounds amazing :lol:

oooh yes deffo get it next year!

omg ur so right it does feel like its posh :K:

It really is - I'm part Asian and with where some of my family is from, it's tradition to bring a gift of some sort to family events and my family always chooses to bring desserts and ah honestly it's heaven for people with sweet tooth's like me :giggle:
Original post by viktorismyplant
lmao i used to get those cadbury tower ones but i dont like many of the chocolates so now i get the harry potter lego ones :ahee:

oooh fancy sky :biggrin:
Original post by AestheticStudying
oooh yes deffo get it next year!

omg ur so right it does feel like its posh :K:

It really is - I'm part Asian and with where some of my family is from, it's tradition to bring a gift of some sort to family events and my family always chooses to bring desserts and ah honestly it's heaven for people with sweet tooth's like me :giggle:

oooh fancy sky :biggrin:

bahahaha ikr
Thanks for that link :smile: I think the answer might be to have two advent calendars - one with the bible readings and one with the chocolates!

Traidcraft do one with fairtrade chocolate and the Chrsitmas story booklet.

I've seen those in the shops here and always wanted one :laugh: i can't justify buying it for myself though :colondollar:
Lindt is my favourite chocolate but in a weird way i quite like that 'advent calendar quality' chocolate taste. Whether it's nostalgia idk :lol:

I feel like i'm obliged to say that the TSR guinea pig/hamster yearly advent calendar is the best one there is :king1:

This one is my and Mrs RC's usual -

300748.jpg

My mother thinks this is atrocious because there aren't any bible readings behind the doors. :laugh:

I have an aversion to hotel chocolate mainly because my horrible grandmother (not my lovely late nan :heart: ) who has little to do with us now, sends us them every christmas. I usually just eat them out of spite lol.
Original post by gjd800
24 pack of Guinness

But what about the other 23 days?
Original post by Sabertooth
I have never had an advent calendar. :frown:

That is too sad!!😭😭
Original post by Sabertooth
I have never had an advent calendar. :frown:

:zomg:

Original post by A Rolling Stone
one that has 25 not 24 bloody chocolates

Literally this, why is this a thing now :colonhash: when i was little the 25th door was always a larger rectangle with a cute christmas chocolate in
Original post by CoolCavy
I have an aversion to hotel chocolate mainly because my horrible grandmother (not my lovely late nan :heart: ) who has little to do with us now, sends us them every christmas. I usually just eat them out of spite lol.

:laugh: I love the idea of eating chocolates spitefully
Original post by Muttley79
Traidcraft do one with fairtrade chocolate and the Chrsitmas story booklet.

Gutted I didn’t know about this one… oh well, maybe next year

It's not too late :smile:
Original post by the bear
don't forget to make your Advent Crown :h:

bpac.png

Shep will probably jump up and fetch that down.

I like that one - thank you :smile:

Ah I bought mine a while back for this year
At school we are doing a reverse Advent claendar with student bringing in stuff for the local Food Bank.
At school we are doing a reverse Advent claendar with student bringing in stuff for the local Food Bank.

That's such a great idea! We've just had a food bank collecion at school where everyone brought in a different item on each day of the week.

I really like the look of this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tonys-Chocolonely-Advent-Calender-Chocolate/dp/B09BNFSYFZ
because Tony's chocolate is soooo good. Also the packaging is plastic free! (or at least the regular and mini chocolates are, I'm not sure about the actual calendar box part)

We have a reuasble one that my sisters and I share, which my parents usually fill with chocolate coins or the tiny chocolates with the little foil that look like Christmas puddings lol. Although, rumour has it we may be getting little Tony's in it this year...
Reply 39
Original post by mqb2766
But what about the other 23 days?

I suppose I'd have to buy 24 of them!

Quick Reply

Latest