The Student Room Group

Why hook up with me when he's?

I have a friends with benefits. I ve known him from our undergraduate days at uni and he's known as the king of flings. He hook ups a lot, goes on a lot of dates with different girls but isn't committed to anyone, preferring to live a single life.

I actually like him but I ve recently found out that since the last 4 months, he's developed a rather serious crush or obsession with a girl he saw at uni where he's ding his graduate studies. His blatant watching of the girl made her approach him and he's exchanged numbers and texts her when they have to meet.

Whilst, he was seeing me and other girls, he hasn't really been keen on looking us up on social media or keeping his online status available but with her arrival, he has been doing this.
I kinda stalked him and saw that when the girl came to meet him, he wanted to hug her. He also kept looking at her, paid for her drink along with his, is already made plans to spend Christmas with her in his mind, and I saw him hug her rather tightly, all whilst watching her in the eyes.

They aren't dating as they haven't yet decided on their relationship so he still came over for a drink and night fling.

What the hell is this? Why is he involving some other girl when everything is great between us?
Sounds like he’s fallen for someone but is not yet sure whether he’s ready to make a commitment towards a full relationship. As such, he’s keeping his options open by continuing with old habits whilst still keeping the other girl within sight.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Sounds like he’s fallen for someone but is not yet sure whether he’s ready to make a commitment towards a full relationship. As such, he’s keeping his options open by continuing with old habits whilst still keeping the other girl within sight.

What does fallen mean? If he did why stay with me ??
Original post by Anonymous

“Fallen” - emotionally invested
Read my post again, it answers your second question.
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
“Fallen” - emotionally invested
Read my post again, it answers your second question.

But he's far from emotional though. He separates sex from love so easily that it baffles everyone.
Maybe he views her as a potential medium to long term partner for when he is ready to commit to an exclusive long term relationship.
But is still keeping his hookup options open with his usual ons and fwb options, in case things don't work out with her.
Best to keep your options open, chat with other guys and plan to move on & cut all contact with him if he chooses to get into a relationship with her.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
Maybe he views her as a potential medium to long term partner for when he is ready to commit to an exclusive long term relationship.
But is still keeping his hookup options open with his usual ons and fwb options, in case things don't work out with her.
Best to keep your options open, chat with other guys and plan to move on & cut all contact with him if he chooses to get into a relationship with her.
Good luck! :smile:

Do you think he will get into a relationship with her??? He really wanted to know how long she's here for

He stays with you because you sleep with him.
Sounds like his heart is more involved with this girl rather than his ****
Reply 8
Original post by Greebo85
He stays with you because you sleep with him.
Sounds like his heart is more involved with this girl rather than his ****

But how ?
Do you think he will get into a relationship with her??? He really wanted to know how long she's here for

Maybe.
It depends if she meets his dealbreakers, whether she is open to a relationship and if so if he is compatible with her dealbreakers.
I've had guys with fwb try to date me because they know I have been single for seven years, find me sexy or a challenge and know that I am living alone.
You are not in a relationship, so you have no right to question anything. Find someone who doesn’t sleep around if you’re looking for a relationship.
Original post by YaliaV123
You are not in a relationship, so you have no right to question anything. Find someone who doesn’t sleep around if you’re looking for a relationship.

This

You said it yourself. You've been friends with benefits for a long time. It's highly likely he sees you as nothing more and is starting to have a crush on that girl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending