The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quady
Oh right, best not to comment then

Uh, not necessarily, I’m commenting based off of my prior knowledge.
Reply 41
Original post by SafwanChowdhury
Uh, not necessarily, I’m commenting based off of my prior knowledge.

That's interesting.

What is the extent of your prior knowledge? Is it limited to Blackpool or cover all of the Fylde Coast?
Original post by Quady
That's interesting.

What is the extent of your prior knowledge? Is it limited to Blackpool or cover all of the Fylde Coast?

Blackpool Lancashire - 14 Unitary Authority.
Reply 43
Blackpool Lancashire - 14 Unitary Authority.

12 districts and two unitary authorities surely?

You prefer Darwen then?
Original post by Quady
12 districts and two unitary authorities surely?

You prefer Darwen then?

That’s right Blackburn w Darwen and Blackpool are the two 14 area UAs. from what I’ve seen on Channel 4, both look bad. However Blackpool is stricken with very high rates of poverty, Blackburn similar - not as much.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 45
That’s right Blackburn w Darwen and Blackpool are the two 14 area UAs. from what I’ve seen on Channel 4, both look bad. However Blackpool is stricken with very high rates of poverty, Blackburn similar - not as much.

So your comments are limited to Lancashire and what you've seen on Channel 4....?

I didnt mention Blackburn, Darwen is the drags down the average between those two doesn't it? Haven't you been?
Original post by Quady
So your comments are limited to Lancashire and what you've seen on Channel 4....?

I didnt mention Blackburn, Darwen is the drags down the average between those two doesn't it? Haven't you been?

😅 if you didn’t know Blackburn and Darwen come under one Borough Council.
Reply 47
😅 if you didn’t know Blackburn and Darwen come under one Borough Council.

Course I know that. If you didn't know, Blackburn and Darwen are separate places... hence the name.
Original post by Quady
Course I know that. If you didn't know, Blackburn and Darwen are separate places... hence the name.

Perfectly aware of that, however that’s not the name. The name is Blackburn With Darwen - both towns come under one local authority and share the same borough council.
West Yorkshire, Huddersfield area I’d say, but then add more northern of that. Some areas of Newcastle and the surrounding area are horrendous. Of course all are the same. Low income areas that use their lack of income to excuse poor behaviour and life choices reinforced by the lack of police engagement who have no power to do anything about these scumbags who bring nothing but misery.
Original post by imlikeahermit
West Yorkshire, Huddersfield area I’d say, but then add more northern of that. Some areas of Newcastle and the surrounding area are horrendous. Of course all are the same. Low income areas that use their lack of income to excuse poor behaviour and life choices reinforced by the lack of police engagement who have no power to do anything about these scumbags who bring nothing but misery.

What other northern towns were you thinking?
What other northern towns were you thinking?

Depends where you go, proper north like Northumberland area is beautiful. But what most people consider the North so like Newcastle areas, such as Cowgate or surrounding towns like North Shields or Meadow Well are horrendous.
The coltswolds
Glasgow is hopeless. ive never seen so many obese and unhealthy looking people who also put tattoos in the wrong places
Reply 54
Original post by pazuzupazuzu
Glasgow is hopeless. ive never seen so many obese and unhealthy looking people who also put tattoos in the wrong places

Interesting. Any bits of Glasgow in particular? I'm moving to Dennistoun in a couple of months.
Original post by Quady
Interesting. Any bits of Glasgow in particular? I'm moving to Dennistoun in a couple of months.

I lived in Dennistoun for nearly a year i think in my second year. its the east end so dont expect much. its easier to say which parts of glasgow are nice than not. west end and city centre, Partick, cowcaddens, woodlands, kelvingrove. the rest will make u suffer.
Reply 56
Original post by pazuzupazuzu
I lived in Dennistoun for nearly a year i think in my second year. its the east end so dont expect much. its easier to say which parts of glasgow are nice than not. west end and city centre, Partick, cowcaddens, woodlands, kelvingrove. the rest will make u suffer.

Shawlands in the southside will make one suffer?

How...?
Original post by Quady
Shawlands in the southside will make one suffer?

How...?

its in the southside.... i think if you are from here you'll think its great.

Latest

Trending

Trending