The Student Room Group

How to have better conversations

I find that my conversations with other people are often quite shallow and rarely go beyond the generic topics such as how the weather is, how their day was and if they're busy. This has prevented me from bonding with anyone at university, aside from just making a lot of acquaintances. No actual friends.

How can I level up my conversations? I want to have deeper conversations with people. After I have talk to someone, I always think "Oh that conversation was terrible! They must have thought that I am so boring. I should have said ..."
Is there anything that you enjoy doing (Hobbies/Interests/Sports etc) - If there are others who have some similarities then you can talk about that.
I'm still in Secondary School but when I start conversations I usually talk about things that the person also likes and things that I like - it's an on going conversation.

And ask questions that needs more than a short answer.
You will be able to get to know that person /more people and maybe instead of acquaintances you will be able to find a friend.
I think the only reason you don't have actual friends is because they don't quite know you?
Original post by Anonymous
I find that my conversations with other people are often quite shallow and rarely go beyond the generic topics such as how the weather is, how their day was and if they're busy. This has prevented me from bonding with anyone at university, aside from just making a lot of acquaintances. No actual friends.

How can I level up my conversations? I want to have deeper conversations with people. After I have talk to someone, I always think "Oh that conversation was terrible! They must have thought that I am so boring. I should have said ..."

i just say something rsndom and the convo moves to that lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending