The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
hear me out im just confued and down, I really dont know what gender I identify myself as, I was born a girl but been times I wish I was a male, now I just don't know

Gender is made up, don’t worry about it. You have a female body, therefore you are female. On a individual level it is meaningless in terms of self expression or personality traits or preferences that could be attributed to ‘gender’.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Maybe that's what I am, just confused at the moment
just confused at the moment

Queer theory doesn’t make sense to anyone. It’s not designed to.
It's okay to be unsure. Don't try and force an answer or rush to take any steps medically if you aren't certain, because there are consequences of hormone therapy that aren't reversible if you later realise you are cisgender.
Reply 5
just keep being aware of yourself and learn more about yourself. try and read about the different genders. it's okay to feel confused but you will eventually figure it out. it's an opportunity to understand who you are.
Original post by Cancelled Alice
Gender is made up, don’t worry about it. You have a female body, therefore you are female. On a individual level it is meaningless in terms of self expression or personality traits or preferences that could be attributed to ‘gender’.

There are many who find it meaningful to identify with a gender that doesn't match the sex they were assigned at birth. It's fine if gender as a concept distinct from sex is meaningless and not helpful for you. But to say it's just universally meaningless conflicts with a lot of people's lived experiences.
(edited 2 years ago)
Just have a look downstairs, if you see a willy you're a male, if it's a vag you're a female :biggrin: simple as that!

Seriously I would love to have been a female, way better deal in my opinion. I know though that being born as a male that is what I am there really is no choice other than to accept that and go with it. You can do all the silly cross dressing, drugs, surgery, pretence, etc in the world but it won't really make you the other gender.

I personally see all the carry on these days as a lot of sillyness, gender can never really be changed at least not with present medicine better to be real with that and just live life as you are in my opinion.
hear me out im just confued and down, I really dont know what gender I identify myself as, I was born a girl but been times I wish I was a male, now I just don't know

You are biologically female.
Reply 9
Why do you wish you were a male? You're allowed to feel masculine sometimes and still be a girl.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
There are many who find it meaningful to identify with a gender that doesn't match the sex they were assigned at birth. It's fine if gender as a concept distinct from sex is meaningless and not helpful for you. But to say it's just universally meaningless conflicts with a lot of people's lived experiences.

Lots of people would claim that they know for some reason that there is God. As an atheist I reject the existence of God and therefore wouldn’t attribute those experiences to God.
Original post by Cancelled Alice
Lots of people would claim that they know for some reason that there is God. As an atheist I reject the existence of God and therefore wouldn’t attribute those experiences to God.

That's reasonable but not at all equivalent or relevant.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That's reasonable but not at all equivalent or relevant.

Why?

Don't worry about it. This type of thing takes time. Don't rush it. I'm non binary and I was born female but now I feel like I'm not female not make and other days I lean towards male. Trust me just be patient. There's no time limit. You have your while life to decide. Also don't be pressured to "choose". You don't have to! I would suggest researching non binary genders. So you at least know about them. Good luck!
You were born into a female body, but your thoughts, feelings and acts are just you, not female or male, but just you as an individual. I wouldn't try and categorise anything else and would just try to feel comfortable with yourself in your globality as you are.

just check to see what is between your legs and that will tell you #science
Original post by A Rolling Stone
just check to see what is between your legs and that will tell you #science

But that's the point. If they're a hermaphrodite with both male and female genitals, how are they supposed to tell which gender they are? :tongue:
Original post by asif007
But that's the point. If they're a hermaphrodite with both male and female genitals, how are they supposed to tell which gender they are? :tongue:

the OP did not indicate he/she is intersex... intersex people are the only true grey area
Been there and not gonna lie my genuine advice is just chill. Stop thinking about it so much. Labels don't create your gender, your gender will lead to your label.

Just take it easy and if you feel so uncomfortable that you can't stand it then take some next steps maybe, but until then it's not worth overthinking.

I was a girl who wished I'd been born a guy and now I think that was just a mix of not meeting gender stereotypes and maybe some penis envy lol (thanks Freud). Been through the lot since I was young. Girl, demigirl, bigender, nonbinary, trans-male, nonbinary, and now I just vibe. Don't go down it unless you have a burning need to because it's just unnecessarily confusing.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
the OP did not indicate he/she is intersex... intersex people are the only true grey area

Yes they didn't indicate this but I think some details have been withheld. Intersex is the only explanation for why someone genuinely can't tell what gender they are.

Latest

Trending

Trending