The Student Room Group

Good Holiday Spots after A levels

My friends and I want to go on a small trip after we finish our a levels and we’re trying to decide where. It needs to be a nice, safe place with things to do during the day but also a good night life. It also can’t be too expensive. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Kos. It’s pretty, not wildly expensive and has the balance you’re looking for without being too full on
Prague
Barcelona
Reply 3
Cyprus - Agia Napa or Protaras for nightlife, waterparks, some of the best beaches in Europe (Makronisos, Nissi, Fig Tree Bay), cliff jumping, also some ancient ruins to visit (fly to Larnaka)
Flight time 4h40 approx

Crete - Malia or Hersonissos for nightlife, waterparks, lots of beaches, cheap (fly to Heraklion)
Flight time 3h50 approx
If you wanted/had to stay in the UK (I had to cuz of covid travel restrictions!), me and my friends stayed in Liverpool city centre for a couple of nights. The city was really walkable and well-lit, so if you're in a group it didn't feel dangerous. You can even get the train to the beach (not too far) if you wanted to include that too.
Original post by tipexmaster25
If you wanted/had to stay in the UK (I had to cuz of covid travel restrictions!), me and my friends stayed in Liverpool city centre for a couple of nights. The city was really walkable and well-lit, so if you're in a group it didn't feel dangerous. You can even get the train to the beach (not too far) if you wanted to include that too.

Talking of the UK, London may be worth visiting as well.
Croatia - fly into Split, Zadar or Dubrovnik and head for some of the islands. There are usually a lot of music festivals in summer in places like Pag and Tisno.
Worth thinking about UK options, as there may be travel restrictions or price hikes for those desperate to go abroad. Some of whom are not the kind of people you'd want to holiday with.

Dorset coast or south Devon perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest