The Student Room Group

Friend Drove Car Without My Permission

Hi All!
Basically im gunna get straight to the point, I was in an empty car park late at night with a few friends. There was a shopping trolley in the middle of the car park so doing my good deed I put it back, Then for some reason one of my friends (no licence no insurance) got in my car (I left the keys in as I had music playing while we were talking) started it up and drove it about 5 meters along (He thought it was funny). I did rush back over and try to stop him but I couldn't stop a 1 ton car. I'm just wondering if I would get into trouble for this (it would be on cctv) as im currently resolving a different issue (I got a warning for something I didn't do) and might use cctv as reference
Stupid behaviour, but no, nothing will come of this.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Stupid behaviour, but no, nothing will come of this.

I know it was stupid, I just thought somehow some law could be against me as im the owner and on the insurance policy
Reply 3
Original post by T4YLR
I know it was stupid, I just thought somehow some law could be against me as im the owner and on the insurance policy

The law and what will happen in reality are two different things.
Reply 4
Your friend is the one who committed multiple crimes (not you although leaving the keys was a bit silly), nothing will come of it though.
What is the other issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending