The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medicine 2022 Hold list

Scroll to see replies

Just rejected. International applicant and received decision at 15:55
Original post by CatInTheCorner
If we both re-apply, let's do it together! Resits for the win! :biggrin:

Ive been rejected
rejected, oof
just got an email from newcastle saying they've finished giving out offers for this cycle. Don't understand why this email couldn't have been sent out yesterday if no further offers have been made today - a bit disappointing from newcastle
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hazard0202
Ive been rejected

Me too :smile: Don't worry, we've just got to focus on our grades now
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Me too :smile: Don't worry, we've just got to focus on our grades now

Bless you. Look after yourself x
Original post by zola333
Actually, just read on another thread that some med schools have been ditching this policy this year as it’s set by UCAS and they can still gain permission to approach waitlisted candidates with other offers, so I suppose we will have to see what Newcastle says tomorrow.

A post on the A101 thread suggests Newcastle will hold a waiting lists and may make offers to those not holding offers elsewhere, so likely same will aply to A100.
So sorry to everyone rejected - Newcastle have missed out on some excellent candidates this year :frown:
Partners rejection here too. Not sure whether to submit the form for the second waitlist :frown: I have other offers but I was so so keen on NU.
Rejected - now I need to get 3As with my alevels starting next week I didn’t need this news. Newcastle could’ve handled this much better
Original post by zola333
Partners rejection here too. Not sure whether to submit the form for the second waitlist :frown: I have other offers but I was so so keen on NU.

Original post by GANFYD
A post on the A101 thread suggests Newcastle will hold a waiting lists and may make offers to those not holding offers elsewhere, so likely same will aply to A100.
So sorry to everyone rejected - Newcastle have missed out on some excellent candidates this year :frown:

The email from Newcastle says

“This year we have taken a cautious approach to offers which means that we may have some additional places available following the UCAS deadline for students to make decisions on 9th June. Although we are unable to keep your offer open on UCAS, we would like to ask for your permission to contact you if a place becomes available. Please be aware that we will only be contacting you if you are not holding a place for any course through UCAS elsewhere.”

Thus any of us with other offers who accept them ( and we would be daft not to accept them) cannot stay on their waitlist
Original post by Hazard0202
The email from Newcastle says

“This year we have taken a cautious approach to offers which means that we may have some additional places available following the UCAS deadline for students to make decisions on 9th June. Although we are unable to keep your offer open on UCAS, we would like to ask for your permission to contact you if a place becomes available. Please be aware that we will only be contacting you if you are not holding a place for any course through UCAS elsewhere.”

Thus any of us with other offers who accept them ( and we would be daft not to accept them) cannot stay on their waitlist

Thank you for confirming :smile:
Sorry you have missed your offer - like I say, it is Newcastle's loss!
Reply 391
Original post by youngar
Dear Kate,
It’ll soon be time to make your uni choices.

If you receive decisions from all the unis you’ve applied to on or before Thursday 19 May, you’ll need to reply to your offers by Thursday 9 June.
If things are taking a little longer don’t worry. If you applied late, after the January deadline, you should hear back by Thursday 14 July, and you’ll have until Thursday 21 July to reply.
When you reply, you’ll need to pick:
•a firm choice this is your first choice uni
•an insurance choice you can only add this back-up choice if your firm choice is a conditional offer
UCAS has more information about replying to your offers, and if you want to know why our students make Newcastle their firm choice, you can find out HERE.

We’ll be in touch again soon.

Newcastle University

If you have not been rejected yet, I think that email might mean you and @medic.dreamer are getting an offer. Good luck!
Reply 392
Original post by TCL
If you have not been rejected yet, I think that email might mean you and @medic.dreamer are getting an offer. Good luck!

I got this email and didn’t get an offer either. Not even an email from Newcastle. Just a rejection from UCAS. All this waiting and not even an email.
Original post by TCL

Hi! Our hunches were right and it didn’t mean anything, got rejected too. Super gutted about it💔
Original post by TCL

Rejection unfortunately, wishful thinking ey 😂
For anyone that completed the spreadsheet to remain on the waiting lsit - did you get an email confirmation of any kind? Overthinking here but just wanna make sure it's confirmed.
Reply 396
Original post by medic.dreamer
Hi! Our hunches were right and it didn’t mean anything, got rejected too. Super gutted about it💔

Original post by youngar
Rejection unfortunately, wishful thinking ey 😂

Ah, sorry to hear that.
I didn't get the email and I got an offer. Don't lose hope guys if you haven't heard back I know its hard but its so worth it
Reply 398
Original post by Krispykremekid6
I didn't get the email and I got an offer. Don't lose hope guys if you haven't heard back I know its hard but its so worth it

Well done!
Original post by TCL
Well done!

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending