The Student Room Group

Having no luck with dating apps.

Hi I am having no luck finding matches with a dating app I’m currently using what can I do 😭.

Scroll to see replies

what to find your partner in your daily life,dating apps are not that good and you must know the person to actually date them as they could lie
Just keep trying, I presume there are lots of people on there? You just have to find one that you like..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
what to find your partner in your daily life,dating apps are not that good and you must know the person to actually date them as they could lie

True but at this moment using a dating app my intention is to get to know and understand someone better before seeing what happens.
Reply 4
Just keep trying, I presume there are lots of people on there? You just have to find one that you like..

Thank you so much for your wise words of wisdom I read profiles to get an insight and provide likes yet had nothing positive :smile: ;/.
well,good luck finding a match but ,don't put your hopes high up as there no perfect much
Reply 6
well,good luck finding a match but ,don't put your hopes high up as there no perfect much

Thank you.
Reply 7

I guess the sad thing is people don’t value personality as highly as it used to be and who a person is from their heart ;/.
how old are you
Reply 9
how old are you

I’m 21.
then dont rush it you still got a long way to go but my advice is ,be more intersted in a stable relationship (marriage) WHEN YOU GO ON TO HAVE ONE
I guess the sad thing is people don’t value personality as highly as it used to be and who a person is from their heart ;/.

Of course people value personality. However it is very difficult to convey your personality using a photo and a few lines of text.

If you want to actually meet people and get to know them, you are going to have to go out into the real world rather than mindlessly swiping.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
Of course people value personality. However it is very difficult to convey your personality using a photo and a few lines of text.

If you want to actually meet people and get to know them, you are going to have to go out into the real world rather than mindlessly swiping.

How that’s the case especially someone of my culture or background…?
Everyone needs to stop using dating apps. There is a dark lurking in them.

There are too many fake people / scammers on dating apps.
then dont rush it you still got a long way to go but my advice is ,be more intersted in a stable relationship (marriage) WHEN YOU GO ON TO HAVE ONE

I broke up with my ex girlfriend 86 days ago she was my first she purely broke me apart, played, cheated and gold-digged me. I am unsure about marriage yet because IF I do marry I want to ensure me and my spouse are compatible, understanding, there’s a mutual and emotional connection. Hence I want to start talking and getting to know someone better before seeing where it goes and whether marriage maybe possible?
Original post by JVM2020
Everyone needs to stop using dating apps. There is a dark lurking in them.

There are too many fake people / scammers on dating apps.

I’m not using Tinder/Bumble or Match or Hinge or Badoo.
How that’s the case especially someone of my culture or background…?

I have no idea what your culture or background is. However you were born before the advent of smartphones. That means your parents met, kicked things off and procreated without the aid of dating apps. You can do the same.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
I have no idea what your culture or background is. However you were born before the advent of smartphones. That means your parents met, kicked things off and procreated without the aid of dating apps. You can do the same.

I’m a Muslim. My intentions is purely to get to know someone and see where things go whether a future together maybe a possibility. Nothing sexual whatsoever.
I broke up with my ex girlfriend 86 days ago she was my first she purely broke me apart, played, cheated and gold-digged me. I am unsure about marriage yet because IF I do marry I want to ensure me and my spouse are compatible, understanding, there’s a mutual and emotional connection. Hence I want to start talking and getting to know someone better before seeing where it goes and whether marriage maybe possible?

well, that only means you were too trusty of here and did not see her true face
why did not notice it if she was insisting on taking lots of money
and since you still know the days since she left you (86) you are probably too nice and cant get over her
this is not good or you might be manipulated and used again
and, the note about marriage it is true but marriage ensures a fair relation ship between you and her and it is not a relationship with no boundaries ,i get you you must know your partner to marry them ,but my advice is do not do any sexual stuff before marriage and keep both ypur relationship pure until you are both married(you are supposed to marry for love not for ***
well, that only means you were too trusty of here and did not see her true face
why did not notice it if she was insisting on taking lots of money
and since you still know the days since she left you (86) you are probably too nice and cant get over her
this is not good or you might be manipulated and used again
and, the note about marriage it is true but marriage ensures a fair relation ship between you and her and it is not a relationship with no boundaries ,i get you you must know your partner to marry them ,but my advice is do not do any sexual stuff before marriage and keep both ypur relationship pure until you are both married(you are supposed to marry for love not for ***

She just had the intentions of using me. Because I was falling for her bait into her traps my feelings and emotions got the better of me I was madly in love with her. I’ve gotten over her for sure don’t communicate to her… blocked her number. Just keep a track of it which is certainly odd but anyways…My intention is purely to get to know someone and zero intentions of anything sexual whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending