The Student Room Group

Freshers week

I'm looking at starting Bangor university come september and was wondering what freshers week would look like.
Original post by isobel-M16
I'm looking at starting Bangor university come september and was wondering what freshers week would look like.

Hey,

I don't go to Bangor but I can give you an insight into what Freshers is like for the most part.

Uni wise - it is a lot of introductions and if you are living away, it is about settling in and finding your way about. It is a great time to make friends and sign up to societies (try out the taster sessions!). There is also a lot of events happening - the university student's union should have an official freshers pass, with access to activities to meet people.

Check out your unis website to see what more you can expect: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/welcome/

It really is just a nice time to ease into university life :smile:

All the best,
Sara
Original post by isobel-M16

Hi @isobel-M16,

Great to hear that you've chosen to study at Bangor, I'm sure you'll have a great time here :smile:

Freshers has a lot of activities going on. We're hoping that everything will be back to in person events this year but if not there will also be plenty of virtual events happening. Fresher's usually consists of lots of events kicking off with moving in weekend. The residential campuses usually have some welcoming events on including a free BBQ in the evening for you to get a chance to meet others living on the same village as you. The student Bar, Bar Uno will have a themed evening as well as Academi the student night club. Peer Guides and SU groups are also about all weekend for you to chat to and get involved in some activities. You'll be assigned a peer guide before arriving, usually a 2nd or 3rd year student from the same course as you, who can show you around Bangor, help you find your academic buildings/room or just help answer some questions you may have.

The week is full of activities, Campus Life will have a programme of event throughout the week that include things such as meet and mingle, movie nights, karaoke and yoga mornings. The SU also hold events including the Serendipity fair where you'll have the chance to chat and sign up to clubs and societies. Bar Uno and Academi will have themed nights throughout the week and certain societies will also run events.

The week is all about getting you settled in and as well as the social events taking place you'll also have some academic events where you can get to meet others on your course and complete registration. The week really is a great way to get to know Bangor and settle in. Of course it's up to you how much or how little you get involved in but remember don't be afraid to join in, the Uni try their best to put on a range of events so that there is something that everyone can enjoy!

Hope this helps a little. If you have any more questions please do ask, and remember to get on Campus Connect - it's an app for Bangor applicants so you'll get the chance to meet others before you arrive and stay in the know about Freshers :smile:

Rhian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending