The Student Room Group

Do you enjoy studying medicine?

To be completely honest, I would never be able to get accepted into a medicine course if I wanted to. But how many of the students studying medicine have a passion to do so?

Do you students studying medicine have a passion for it?
Or are you just chasing the bag?

Nothing wrong with studying just to get a well payed job ofc, that's the main objective of university after all. I'm just curious lmao
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by comprehensive
To be completely honest, I would never be able to get accepted into a medicine course if I wanted to. But how many of the students studying medicine have a passion to do so?

Nothing wrong with studying just to get a well payed job ofc, that's the main objective of university after all. I'm just curious lmao

I’m sure for the majority of candidates financial compensation is a significant part of why they are studying medicine. Otherwise huge numbers would subsequently go on to work for minimal pay for relief agencies across the world (where one could argue one would do the most good) .Yet very few choose to do this.
However if it was solely about money then the average very capable medical student could earn much more pursuing a different career (eg finance).
So it’s a balanced decision for most I suspect. A rewarding, intellectually challenging, respected, varied career which is also well paid.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by comprehensive

Honestly there are far less stressful ways to "chase the bag".
Yeah, I loved studying medicine. Definitely didn't go into it for the money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending