The Student Room Group

kcl vs leeds - Msc org psych.

I got in both - what would provide me with better job prospects? KCL seems more prestigious but Leeds is bps accredited - so would bps accreditation matter in organisational psychology. i know that KCL has a more focused course - mental health unlike Leeds - I don't have a preference and don't mind either of these courses. The only thing scaring me is would me studying this course in KCL give me a job since i learnt (assuming based on prior info received from few sources) that a lot of people who do this course are largely already established people and are already working?currently too stresses since I have to make a decision fast.
Reply 1
Original post by adi1210
I got in both - what would provide me with better job prospects? KCL seems more prestigious but Leeds is bps accredited - so would bps accreditation matter in organisational psychology. i know that KCL has a more focused course - mental health unlike Leeds - I don't have a preference and don't mind either of these courses. The only thing scaring me is would me studying this course in KCL give me a job since i learnt (assuming based on prior info received from few sources) that a lot of people who do this course are largely already established people and are already working?currently too stresses since I have to make a decision fast.

Heyy, I'm sure you can get good jobs with both unis just go with the one with more pros than cons I guess, I've heard many people get jobs within 1-2 weeks of graduating...
Also, what were your predicted grades and subjects? xx (I've applied for a Psychology BSc at KCL and still haven't heard back from them...)
Reply 2
Original post by ria.09
Heyy, I'm sure you can get good jobs with both unis just go with the one with more pros than cons I guess, I've heard many people get jobs within 1-2 weeks of graduating...
Also, what were your predicted grades and subjects? xx (I've applied for a Psychology BSc at KCL and still haven't heard back from them...)

oh, Thank you for the reply! i hope i wasn't too general in my original post, sorry! i finished my bachelors in psychology actually and my predicted gpa is around above 9. this is the range used in our country so if your system goes by the 4 point gpa, my apologies!! They do take a while to respond - the longest out of all the Unis I had applied to. Also, I wish you all the best!!
Original post by adi1210

Hi @adi1210,

Congratulations on getting in to both!!🎉

Are you hoping to become an Organisational Psychologist? If you are, your best bet may be to go with the BPS accredited course as I think your Master's needs to be BPS accredited to move on to do Stage 2 Psychologist Training (double check the BPS website as I might be wrong). If you're not aspiring to becoming an Org Psychologist, then maybe write up a long list of pro's and con's of each uni. Consider where it might be easier for you to get part time work in HR for instance to build your practical skills and experience whilst you're studying which will in turn help when you graduate, which modules do you prefer/think you'll find more interesting, what works better for your finances etc?

Although I can't advise on either uni specifically, hopefully this helps a little! I've been looking at Organisational Psychology myself so I'm intrigued to know which one you pick and what you think of the course when you start.

All the best!☺️
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student

Quick Reply

Latest