The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Best accommodation at Exeter

Hello! I’ve had an offer from Exeter Uni for English, and I need to know what accommodation to apply for obviously, so was wondering if anyone had any advice. I’m looking for a self-catered ensuite room that would be wheelchair accessible, probably on the east side of campus. My personal shortlist atm is East Park, Lafrowda, Rowe House and St German’s. The thing that will help me decide, and that I really wanna know about, is the vibes of each block! I’m queer, very left wing and from a state school, so I’d probably like to be with people from similar backgrounds. I also don’t drink and can’t see myself partying a lot, so quieter accommodation may be better for me. Thank you! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey, From what I know Lafrowda is the most social accomadation where a lot of the parties are, so if youre looking for a quieter one this may not be the best option! I'm not sure which ones the most quiet are, but from your list I'd say probably rowe and st germans.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, From what I know Lafrowda is the most social accomadation where a lot of the parties are, so if youre looking for a quieter one this may not be the best option! I'm not sure which ones the most quiet are, but from your list I'd say probably rowe and st germans.

Thank you! :smile: I think Rowe is probably my favourite at the moment so this really helps
Reply 3
Original post by charb0w
Hello! I’ve had an offer from Exeter Uni for English, and I need to know what accommodation to apply for obviously, so was wondering if anyone had any advice. I’m looking for a self-catered ensuite room that would be wheelchair accessible, probably on the east side of campus. My personal shortlist atm is East Park, Lafrowda, Rowe House and St German’s. The thing that will help me decide, and that I really wanna know about, is the vibes of each block! I’m queer, very left wing and from a state school, so I’d probably like to be with people from similar backgrounds. I also don’t drink and can’t see myself partying a lot, so quieter accommodation may be better for me. Thank you! :smile:

Lafrowda has a very well earned reputation for being very social and having a lot of parties going on, especially during Fresher's week. Rowe and St. Germans are both fairly close to Lafrowda, so you can definitely hear what's going on. East Park is further away from the two, and from what I've heard, much quieter that the others. As for vibes with your flat, you can request to be put in a flat with people who are quieter/queer/don't drink, so that's definitely something to keep in mind!
Reply 4
Original post by tw559
Lafrowda has a very well earned reputation for being very social and having a lot of parties going on, especially during Fresher's week. Rowe and St. Germans are both fairly close to Lafrowda, so you can definitely hear what's going on. East Park is further away from the two, and from what I've heard, much quieter that the others. As for vibes with your flat, you can request to be put in a flat with people who are quieter/queer/don't drink, so that's definitely something to keep in mind!

Oh that’s brilliant to hear, thank you so much! I think East Park will probably be my main choice, with St German’s and Rowe as back up :smile:
Only thing is... East Park is right at the top of a hill! Even if the room is wheelchair accessible, the accom is still quite difficult to get to. Not necessarily a dealbreaker but something to keep in mind.

Also, I stayed in EP last year and I too am a queer leftist state school kid - I found it wasn't the place for me at all! The vibes do change each year, but as EP is more expensive than Laf it does tend to attract more 'daddy's money' types (who are also big partiers). I don't want to swing your vote too much but Laf/ Rowe/St Germans are all pretty good choices (they're cheaper, near the bottom of the big Exeter hill, and though I haven't been in a Rowe/St Germans accessible room, the Laf ones are HUGE😳), and since they are so close together/so populated, you're bound to find people you vibe with.

Wherever you go though I'm sure you'll manage to have a good time - I really enjoyed how EP had nicer accommodation, though Laf has a better location and value for money, and Rowe/St G is a nice midpoint between the two. As people have said above, you can ask for non-alcoholic/quieter flats. Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending